VillaGoMarching

I have a lot of sympathy for Spurs fans. Having an owner so misaligned with the fanbase is draining. Managers calling Levy out, players phoning in performances because they don't know what they're supposed to be doing, it's a mess. 

The obvious solution is for Levy to take a step back and put his faith in a (non-criminal) DoF and have him in place quickly enough to recruit a manager to take charge in the summer break. Sell Kane for £100m+ and either replace him directly or in the aggregate. Do some actual scouting. 

They've got everything in place, apart from a cogent top to tail strategy

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Their team minus kane is atrocious 

If he goes they are absolutely screwed. Their whole defence is abysmal barring romaro who can defend but looks a red card waiting to happen in some games. Royal sanchez sessagnon dier all very poor players

Their midfield poor. Bentacur good player but thats a big injury will he be same? Bissoumas flopped and been injured skipps poor, kulveski looks like he does not want tO be signed permanently.

Then on top of that they have son who looks finished now and a 55m donkey in ricarldson.

Thats not to mention the loan players they have out that will come back.  Gil, ndombole and lo celso

man i was so gutted about missing out on Bissouma at the time. not so much now

2 hours ago, TheFish said:

I have a lot of sympathy for Spurs fans. Having an owner so misaligned with the fanbase is draining.

In fairness, the fanbase think they're competing for the title - if you're aligned with them, you shouldn't be running a football club.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think the stadium debt is not insignificant but is about £30 million a year which for a 'Big 6' (urgh) and Europe ever present is more than manageable and probably covered with the increased revenue.

And therein lies the rub - it's hard to see Spurs as a Big 6 or certainly Champions league ever present for the foreseeable future - City will be, United look like they've got a shout at it and if they go Qatari they'll be very sure, Newcastle are coming through and Arsenal have a very good young squad - it's going to be difficult for Liverpool to break back into that and Spurs are behind Liverpool and that's before we even mention Chelsea, or dare I say it, Aston Villa - sixth is as good as I can see for them over the next three or fours years.

That's going to drop their income from £400+ million a year to £300m a year, at a time when others are going up - ours will be over £200m before too long - I think the traditional big six is dead, and I think outside of two or three sides, guaranteed European money is gone - there will be an adjustment.

That £30m a year is small enough when it's 7% of your income - but when it's 10% and your income is headed downward - it becomes more troubling - I hope so anyway.

With Levy as cautious as he is, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them looking to sell Kane just to balance the books.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheFish said:

I have a lot of sympathy for Spurs fans. Having an owner so misaligned with the fanbase is draining. Managers calling Levy out, players phoning in performances because they don't know what they're supposed to be doing, it's a mess. 

The obvious solution is for Levy to take a step back and put his faith in a (non-criminal) DoF and have him in place quickly enough to recruit a manager to take charge in the summer break. Sell Kane for £100m+ and either replace him directly or in the aggregate. Do some actual scouting. 

They've got everything in place, apart from a cogent top to tail strategy

This is incredible. I have 0% sympathy for Spurs fans. They have been extolling the virtues of Levy driving hard bargains and being a master strategist for YEARS. They hit a difficult cycle and now he's to blame for all their woes. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheFish said:

I have a lot of sympathy for Spurs fans. 

Never, ever, ever would I have any sympathy for Spurs or their fans. 

Ever.

I can't think of a fan base LEAST deserving of sympathy.

Well, maybe one....

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And therein lies the rub - it's hard to see Spurs as a Big 6 or certainly Champions league ever present for the foreseeable future - City will be, United look like they've got a shout at it and if they go Qatari they'll be very sure, Newcastle are coming through and Arsenal have a very good young squad - it's going to be difficult for Liverpool to break back into that and Spurs are behind Liverpool and that's before we even mention Chelsea, or dare I say it, Aston Villa - sixth is as good as I can see for them over the next three or fours years.

That's going to drop their income from £400+ million a year to £300m a year, at a time when others are going up - ours will be over £200m before too long - I think the traditional big six is dead, and I think outside of two or three sides, guaranteed European money is gone - there will be an adjustment.

That £30m a year is small enough when it's 7% of your income - but when it's 10% and your income is headed downward - it becomes more troubling - I hope so anyway.

With Levy as cautious as he is, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them looking to sell Kane just to balance the books.

Unless of course Levy and co sell Spurs to the next oil rich state ready for some good old sportswashing.

5 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

man i was so gutted about missing out on Bissouma at the time. not so much now

He was always overrated, had a decent game against us once and people were excited as if he was a hybrid of Roy Keane/Vieira

I said at the time he wasnt good enough to lace Luiz boots

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Dier might be championship level, playing for a top team gets you far. 

He is no different than when we were starting Lescott/Richards except he probably has a better attitude

Â