Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

'I no longer want this band to work, I need it to work'

Heard this advert for the town on Spotify approaching 100 times now. I wouldn't mind, I've watched the show. There's got to be a better way, just send me new adverts please if I ain't paying!

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Live stream TV on any platform being a minute or so behind.  Ruined the Coventry v Manure penalty shootout for me yesterday.

Amazon Prime is awful for me, even further behind than pirate streams.

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

The O in Online has been made a capital on whatsapp. 

It’s going to take some getting used to.

And Typing. 😐

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

And Typing. 😐

It's The Americans. They Have To Capitalize Every Word In A Headline.

We Brits only capitalise the Important Words.

And don't get me started on the zeds.

6 hours ago, Genie said:

The O in Online has been made a capital on whatsapp. 

It’s going to take some getting used to.

Not with Gboard. Your keyboard isn't part of the app. You control the spelling and autocorrect in your keyboard.

Is this an "Apple knows best" thing?

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Not with Gboard. Your keyboard isn't part of the app. You control the spelling and autocorrect in your keyboard.

I don’t think this is an apple or a keyboard thing. It’s at the top of the screen beneath the contacts name. Shows if they are online, typing or last online. They (Meta I assume) decided to make the first letter of online, typing or last a capital.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

It was rolled out on iOs and Android last week apparently, but is being rolled back according to the reports. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t think this is an apple or a keyboard thing. It’s at the top of the screen beneath the contacts name. Shows if they are online, typing or last online. They (Meta I assume) decided to make the first letter of online, typing or last a capital.

Ah, got it. I hadn't even noticed.

• Like 1

Surely capitals is actually better as they are either titles or the start of a sentence, it’s the lack of capitals that would bother me if I spent a nanosecond thinking about it but as it’s WhatsApp, it’s something I only ever use to respond to people so I doubt I'd ever have noticed

• Like 3

I had a thing where Swiftkey used to capitalise the word 'internet' every time. It irritated me so much that I sent a bug report; they actually got back to me and looked into it. They were baffled. Never got to the bottom of it. Have since binned Swiftkey as the swiping experience just got worse and worse and became unusable over time. Now using Gboard. OK I guess.

On 21/04/2024 at 20:30, Xela said:

The amount of meetings that I seem to get invited to now. They've multiplied like gremlins since the pandemic. 

Feels as though most of them aren't needed and are just done as an excuse to get people into offices. 

Fortunately my place has gone the opposite way. 

Meetings still happen, but more and more they're done over Teams and take half as long. It's a big relief.

15 hours ago, Genie said:

Don't let that get in the way of a good old fashioned Apple bashing!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Live stream TV on any platform being a minute or so behind.  Ruined the Coventry v Manure penalty shootout for me yesterday.

Can someone with better knowledge of this stuff explain why this happens?

Surely we have the technology for legitimate streams like iPlayer and Amazon to be actually live. Or at least very nearly live?

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Surely we have the technology for legitimate streams like iPlayer and Amazon to be actually live. Or at least very nearly live?

Nope. You could get close to live, but not live. There are delays all over the place. With live football, there is probably someone there monitoring the feed and muting microphones getting knocked over for example..

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't let that get in the way of a good old fashioned Apple bashing!

No-one must question if something is an Apple thing in case it's perceived as "bashing".

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can play Fifa or COD and have my actions repeated on someone else’s TV on the other side of the world in a fraction of a second, but football streams still lag by 2 or 3 minutes. I am also surprised this delay still exists.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

No-one must question if something is an Apple thing in case it's perceived as "bashing".

It was nothing to do with Apple though 😂

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Nope. You could get close to live, but not live. There are delays all over the place. With live football, there is probably someone there monitoring the feed and muting microphones getting knocked over for example..

But could a steaming service such as iPlayer not been in time (or at least close to) in time with the TV broadcast?

Is the issue with streaming itself?

Â