Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sorry this dishwasher debate is nonsense. The dishwasher vs handwashing figures are always using a full Dishwasher. To fill our dishwasher would sometimes take 3 days

Also the energy thing. If a dishwasher is cold fill it is using electricity to heat the water which is far more expensive than using gas through a combi-boiler on demand

Supposedly dishwashers are capped at using 5 gallons of water which is about 23 litres of water but most older models are capped at 10 gallons (ours is definitely older). There's no way I use 45 litres of water doing the washing up. I reckon our sink uses about 5 litres when doing the washing up plus probably the same again for rinsing.

No according to Which

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/09/which-research-reveals-how-little-water-dishwashers-use-compared-to-hand-washing/

"Our tests show even the least water-efficient dishwasher still only uses half the amount of water compared to hand-washing

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/09/which-research-reveals-how-little-water-dishwashers-use-compared-to-hand-washing/ - Which?"

Edited by sidcow

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

I bought one of them once. Used 2 months worth of Fairy Liquid in a week

Fairy Liquid?  You must be made of money (and have hands made of titanium)

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No according to Which

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/09/which-research-reveals-how-little-water-dishwashers-use-compared-to-hand-washing/

"Our tests show even the least water-efficient dishwasher still only uses half the amount of water compared to hand-washing

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/09/which-research-reveals-how-little-water-dishwashers-use-compared-to-hand-washing/ - Which?"

Not even joking here but things need to be pre-rinsed or almost washed before they ever get near a dish washer. I'm guessing that amount of necessary water is not factored into the water required to wash a full load. 

• Like 2

Just now, BOF said:

Not even joking here but things need to be pre-rinsed or almost washed before they ever get near a dish washer. I'm guessing that amount of necessary water is not factored into the water required to wash a full load. 

aaron paul what GIF by Breaking Bad

You don't need to rinse anything before it goes in the dishwasher.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Fairy Liquid

Ah, another one for the thread. Why have we (Sweden and Norway) decided to import this rather brilliant product and change the name, to another English name????? 🤬

image.png.a60b475ec718c7f7e67c844e8611aaeb.png

27 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Please change the subject. 

Tried, failed

At uni a friend lived with a German student who in the final term decided they couldn't be bothered with the washing up so bought a bunch of paper plates and disposable cutlery and lived off those for about 3 months.

On the other hand I lived with a guy in my third year who took a similar approach, except he just stopped washing up. I remember washing up accompanied by a bowl of pasta that had gone blue (literally - it was fusilli that was now so mouldy it was blue) that he had just left by the sink like it was someone else's problem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Ah, another one for the thread. Why have we (Sweden and Norway) decided to import this rather brilliant product and change the name, to another English name????? 🤬

image.png.a60b475ec718c7f7e67c844e8611aaeb.png

Tried, failed

Well if you ask Proctor and Gamble's Swedish Customer Help, they will tell you that the products aren't the same. They have different ingredients and Yes is more concentrated than Fairy

It is safe to conclude, therefore, that you Scandi's are just dirty bastards than need more cleaning power :trollface:

• Shocked 1

48 minutes ago, blandy said:

Which uses how much energy to manufacture, transport, store, package, sell and collect/deliver?

Washing by hand, half fill the sink with warm water, wash the cleanest stuff first, and the dirtiest last. Move them to the draining board, then rinse off under the cold tap if there's suds on them - fills less than a bowl in total. A squirt of washing up liquid from a refillable bottle, v tablets wrapped in individual plastic, inside yet more packaging...

Blandy, with all that gravy and bits of fish there is no way a half full sink is going to adequately sort out your plates and cutlery. 

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Blandy, with all that gravy and bits of fish there is no way a half full sink is going to adequately sort out your plates and cutlery. 

No need, Sid. Lick t'plate clean till it glistens. Can't let a drop of gravy go to waste.

• Haha 2

Â