Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 22/05/2020 at 17:59, Vive_La_Villa said:

This won’t go down well on here but dogs in the park that get too excited. Really winds me up when a dog barks at me or jumps up at me. Put you f**king dog on a lead or control it!

My dog was attacked by another one when he was younger, and has been nervous around others ever since. He seems excitable but gets very defensive and will snap at another dog who gets too close. He's dead soft really and looks that way too, but there are so many other people who just leave theirs off the lead and let them walk up to him, thinking it'll be fine because he's not a mastiff or wearing a muzzle. They'll then inevitably tell me something like, "Don't worry, he/she is really friendly" about their dog as I awkwardly try to steer mine away. I don't care - **** off and keep your dog on a lead like you're supposed to!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, choffer said:

But shouldn’t?

🤔

yes spent the day fuming at this bugger who took the piss out of the lockdown rules and got caught but in reality its the government's willingness to flip it as caring for a loved one and are prepared to cover up and lie and bullshit their way through, their contempt for the people that voted them in is mind blowing. They really getting found out for what they are.

• Like 1

Another Americanism creeping into BBC usage. Clive Myrie on the 10 o'clock news: "People in Hong Kong protesting government restrictions...". No. They are protesting against government restrictions. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Another Americanism creeping into BBC usage. Clive Myrie on the 10 o'clock news: "People in Hong Kong protesting government restrictions...". No. They are protesting against government restrictions. 

100%. Also people say “debate me”. It started about, maybe, 5 or 6 years ago. Why?  Debate with me. And back to your post, “protesting about restrictions....demonstrating against them”. They’ll at least never change it to “demonstrating government restrictions” because then they’d metaphorically (not literally) have let the beams cross and would probably turn bright tangerine and fat.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 14:42, tonyh29 said:

Civilisation VI being given away free by Epic games ... it’s my own fault for installing it but I found myself saying at 1am this morning one more turn then I’ll call it a nights and then found myself saying the same thing again at 4am !!

had to get up at 7:30 this morning to go do some volunteer work at my local fishing lake ... zombie mode trying to get up !!!

Amazing game. My fav. 

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I love me a bit of Civ but just picked up EU4. Makes Civ look basic.

I've never tried or heard of EU4, but I'm amazed if it makes Civ look basic. I've probably got a 500 hours on Civ VI and I still learn something new every time I play it. 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've never tried or heard of EU4, but I'm amazed if it makes Civ look basic. I've probably got a 500 hours on Civ VI and I still learn something new every time I play it. 

You should try it

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

This woman... 

image.jpeg.cff25b91e7afc089c6984619dbf03d63.jpeg

Woman 'sorry' for calling police after black man asks her to put dog on leash

The woman in the video has denied being racist and says she "humbly and fully" apologises for her actions.

Clicky with video

She’s clearly a bit deranged but this necessity  to post everything to social media to name and shame people I’m not a fan of .

You could say yeah well she’s a racist and deserves to have her life ruined , but it offers no context , we don’t know what was said or done before the video started etc.
Not excusing her actions, though the article suggests she has apologised , we  have no idea if it’s  out of character  etc ... The  independent suggests she has been outed online as a liberal rather than a die hard Trump supporter which was probably how twitter reacted to the video ? 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

She’s clearly a bit deranged but this necessity  to post everything to social media to name and shame people I’m not a fan of .

You could say yeah well she’s a racist and deserves to have her life ruined , but it offers no context , we don’t know what was said or done before the video started etc.
Not excusing her actions, though the article suggests she has apologised , we only have no idea if it’s  out of character ... The  independent suggests she has been outed online as a liberal rather than a die hard Trump supporter which was probably how twitter reacted to the video ? 

She's lost her job, too. Worked for a bank, and they've sacked her. 

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not excusing her actions, though the article suggests she has apologised , we  have no idea if it’s  out of character  etc ... The  independent suggests she has been outed online as a liberal rather than a die hard Trump supporter which was probably how twitter reacted to the video ? 

All very good points which I agree with, it’s hard to know what really happened without context as so much is spun by anyone with an agenda. What really pissed me off (that I forgot to mention) was the way she was almost strangling her dog in the video. She wasn’t far off hanging the poor sod. 

That and the need for her to cite the man’s race in that tone. Like you say though she could have been genuinely scared. 

31 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Thanks for the info. :thumb:

Think it ends on the 28th so be quick or you’ll get a different freebie 

(borderlands next followed by Ark , if the rumours are to be believed ) 

Edited by tonyh29

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Think it ends on the 28th so be quick or you’ll get a different freebie 

(borderlands next followed by Ark , if the rumours are to be believed ) 

It's downloading at the moment! :)

• Like 1

Â