Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Cheryl Cole doesn't piss me off at all. Because she never remotely impinges on my life.

The weekend Guardian magazine last week ran a cover story on Justin Bieber, with a "You either love him or hate him" tagline. A letter in this week's edition said: "I think you'll find a large part of your readership fall into neither camp, as they have not the faintest idea who he is". :)

Gotta go to London tomorrow, staying for a couple of days down there. I've only ever been once, and that was a school trip to the Dome. This time I need to have be able to get around the place on my tod, quickly, and trying to work out the underground/trainstations/etc when I've not a clue what I'm doing is doing my head in.

Doesn't help I'm actually staying outside London and commuting in for the main day I'm down there.

The tube is pretty easy to work out Chindie. That's from someone who doesn't go very often. As long as you can find a station, and know the station you need to get to, the rest is pretty straight forward. you shouldn't have a problem.

I should have probably added that it doesn't help my mate who I'm staying with hasn't embellished me with half the info on stations, so I'm trying to work it out on the fly while I wait for him to actually tell me ;). All I know is tomorrow I arrive in Euston, on Wednesday I need to make it from his place outside the city to Stamford Brook station, and nothing else.

I think not knowing the vital linking stations is probably hindering me a lot more than it might otherwise.

I love tube/underground/subway systems, wherever they are.

They just seem like magic - you go down a hole in the ground and come up somewhere else, with no idea how you got there. It's like Alice in Wonderland.

• Like 1

I think not knowing the vital linking stations is probably hindering me a lot more than it might otherwise.

Journey Planner

Cheers, couldn't find that.

...now he needs to tell me what station is the one he uses ;).

At the risk of complicating things for you - don't discount the buses or Shank's pony. Purely planning via the tube map could significantly lengthen your journey.

PM me if you need a hand or advice on that score - I use tubes and buses every day down here.

Just remember though - no1 rule is to make sure you add half an hour to any journey, just in case.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. To be honest I think I'd prefer the buses.

I should be ok when I've got all the details, my whinging is more about the fact I'm trying to fudge my way through it without all the facts so to speak, than it is about the London transport network. My mate is even more last minute than me with a lot of things and I'd rather not leave it that late to know where I'm going or where I'll need to leaving from and when.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. To be honest I think I'd prefer the buses.

I should be ok when I've got all the details, my whinging is more about the fact I'm trying to fudge my way through it without all the facts so to speak, than it is about the London transport network. My mate is even more last minute than me with a lot of things and I'd rather not leave it that late to know where I'm going or where I'll need to leaving from and when.

But it's so easy these days, you have mobile phones.

I used to do stuff like this back in the 70s without them, which was more er, challenging.

But it's so easy these days, you have mobile phones.

I used to do stuff like this back in the 70s without them, which was more er, challenging.

Well, what I can say, I'm a useless lump who doesn't like public transport and has a mate who is hard to get hold of to enlighten me as to exactly where I'm headed.

Anyway, another thing currently pissing me off, tinyurl.

People on Facebook who on Sunday night put up a status saying "That's it. If Wagner gets through I'm never watching X-Factor again" and then the following Saturday have a status "Dinner done, Fire on, all set for X-Factor" Grrrrrrr. Repeat x 5 weeks

Â