Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When old musical artists put out cover albums. It just reeks of cashing in on other people's work to me and I'm sick of seeing the cheesy adverts.

Write some original songs, ffs.

Isn't Bob Dylan about to issue a CD of Frank Sinatra covers? 

Yep. Should be a glorious train wreck.

When old musical artists put out cover albums. It just reeks of cashing in on other people's work to me and I'm sick of seeing the cheesy adverts.

I like Dylan. I like Sinatra.

But I think this will be a disaster.

Office Christmas party, and as there is a storm outside the trains aren't running. Which means I have to stay sober, and thats a double whammy as ALL the salespeople are here and I hate them.

Hopefully there will be some short skirts and low cuts tops about to ogle.

Flew up to edinburgh for a meeting. By the time I get off the plane, it's been cancelled.

Director invites me put for a slap up meal, I have to decline as I'm due to fly back in the afternoon.

Arrive at the airport to find its carnage because someone somewhere forgot to do his windows updates. The office books me into the recently refurbished Waldorf for the night, only for someone somewhere to manage his windows updates, confirming my flight is back on, albeit very delayed.

Finally get on the plane. Fat man next to me believes my ribs are an appropriate resting place for his elbow.

Finally get airborne. Turbulence. Lots of it.

Landed, last off the plane.

Head for the bus to the car park, just miss it. 25 minutes for the next one.

M4. Roadworks, roadworks, roadworks.

Home at 1am. Very grumpy.

I like Dylan. I like Sinatra.

But I think this will be a disaster.

I think Dylan has earned a right to cash in on other people's work.

I've done that for the last two weeks Rodders as the missus is a skinflint but when my fingernails were starting to go blue I said enough is enough otherwise I'm gonna sleep at my moms house instead.

Currently sat in my lovely warm lounge feeling pleased with myself.

We just have a timer on our boiler to put it on at a fixed time. Though I do feel bad when the other members (mom and sister mainly) put it on because they're a tad cold when they could just wear a jumper. They don't seem to understand the money side of things.

I've done that for the last two weeks Rodders as the missus is a skinflint but when my fingernails were starting to go blue I said enough is enough otherwise I'm gonna sleep at my moms house instead.

Currently sat in my lovely warm lounge feeling pleased with myself.

We just have a timer on our boiler to put it on at a fixed time. Though I do feel bad when the other members (mom and sister mainly) put it on because they're a tad cold when they could just wear a jumper. They don't seem to understand the money side of things.

I don't get the 'turning the heating up and sitting round in a t-shirt' thing.

Paying the electricity bill is one of the least pleasurable ways of spending money, and I notice that those who see working/earning as optional, tend to feel demotivated when it is suggested that they pay the electric bill, rather than some tangible consumer item. ;)

Not turning the heating on and sitting in a jumper.

Turning the heating on Max and sitting in a t shirt.

It's like flippin on topic in here with the extreme views.

Why not just have the heating on a little bit and dress like a normal human during the winter time?!

• Like 3

what kind of fiend wears a cardigan?

From the evidence of the last Boden catalogue I looked at, the cardigan is becoming increasingly passé for the middle-class gentleman, although I understand they are de rigueur for hipsters.

They are of course still considered an essential item for ladies.

Personally, I prefer a tweed jacket and a deerstalker.

Heating on medium, its on 4 in the lounge, 3 everywhere else (from 1 to 8), I'm wearing a shirt, jeans and a jumper not a cardigan. Got slippers on.

I pay my own heating bills. Electric only, no gas.

Thats everything covered, did i miss anything? Do I win?

Got up this morning, noticed mould beginning to grow on the back door and around the frame so I went and bought some mould killing bleach, got all prepped with a breathing mask, gloves, put my ipod on and set about getting rid of it. About 10 minutes into the clean my missus walks into the kitchen to tell me her parents have made one of their usual"drop by visits" without warning. (ive mentioned on here before how they treat my house as a half way home, coming round whenever they like without warning)

Now I'm m sat on the floor, covered in bleach and looking like a storm trooper, with my listening to music, so I carry on doing what I'm doing, then her dad walks in & starts talking to me, he can see I'm wearing my headphones, still carries on talking, I cant take them off CUs my gloves are covered in bleach. When they finally knobbed off about half hour ago, my missus went mad because I was being rude.

Edited by Jimzk5

Â