Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I wish I had the common sense to think before I say, or worse, type stupid or offensive stuff.

I had to review one of my colleague's code this afternoon, and emailed someone saying 'it's about as well developed as a 9 week abortion'...It was forwarded on to them to 'review and act on the feedback'. Maybe I'll stay at home on Monday.

I imagine you'd be sacked at a lot of companies for putting that in a work email

I've not ruled it out yet...It was forwarded on last thing yesterday afternoon, the shit may well hit the fan at the start of the week. Sometimes I'm such an idiot.

Edited by Davkaus

I wish I had the common sense to think before I say, or worse, type stupid or offensive stuff.

I had to review one of my colleague's code this afternoon, and emailed someone saying 'it's about as well developed as a 9 week abortion'...It was forwarded on to them to 'review and act on the feedback'. Maybe I'll stay at home on Monday.

I imagine you'd be sacked at a lot of companies for putting that in a work email

Sacked for that?

Surely only if it's part of a history of poor/offensive behaviour?

Sacked for that?

Surely only if it's part of a history of poor/offensive behaviour?

On it's own, that's not a sackable offence imo.

National Lottery, quiz shows, etc., where the presenter wishes "the best of luck" to everybody

If they all have equal luck (which of course they do), the "wish" is utterly meaningless. 

Anything at all anywhere ever where the presenter says "And the winner is..."

The theatrical pauses just get longer and longer.

So today, I go to VP to pick up a Wigan ticket for a 'mate' (he's a bit of a prick) who just disappears off the face of the planet when it comes to pickup. But it turned out better because I'm now getting a lift from the guy I sold it to (theunderstudy).

Any company that would sack a programmer for that would pretty quickly find they had no programmers (or at least none that were any good).

Anything at all anywhere ever where the presenter says "And the winner is..."

The theatrical pauses just get longer and longer.

"We'll go for a quick commercial break, and when we come back..."

So today, I go to VP to pick up a Wigan ticket for a 'mate' (he's a bit of a prick) who just disappears off the face of the planet when it comes to pickup. But it turned out better because I'm now getting a lift from the guy I sold it to (theunderstudy).

He went to Bolton away...

• Like 1

Vacuum cleaners. Not so much the act of using it itself, though that's obviously not much fun, but just the sheer constant noise of the damn things.

I long for a day when every household has a silent vacuum cleaner.

Mowing the grass.

I **** hate grass. Can't seem to kill it. Can't set it on fire cuz the fences will probably go with it.

Rob, have you thought of paving? Added bonus is that you can hide things under it.

Yes.

I've also thought about the cost.

Looks like I'm mowing the grass again next week.

Â