Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The one that gets me - and you even gets TV chefs saying it - is "restauranteur".

It's restaurateur. There is no "n" in it.

Oh, and ironically enough, "pronounciation". It's pronunciation.

The one that gets me and I'm fully aware it shouldn't because it's probably pronounced incorrectly far more often than it's pronounced correctly is the word genealogy. Even on genealogy programmes the narrator can be heard saying geneology.

Sadly, the lovely Alex Jones just said it on The One Show. I forgive her. 

On pronunciations, I met a norwegian bird once on a night out.

Naturally I asked her if she liked John Carew, and got a blank look. She didn't know who I was talking about.

Eventually I managed to explain who he was

"Ohhhhhhhh" she said. "You mean 'Yunn Kahr-rev'. Yeah I know him, he's hot"

So yeah, that's how you pronounce John Carew.

So, villaajax, unless you have always pronounced John Carew as "Yunn Kahr-rev" then you can't have a go at us for saying Cruyff wrong ;)

I was in a very similar situation a few years ago, although I managed to realise that I should be saying 'Yunn Kah-rev' after about three attempts.  Nevertheless, it made her laugh and she was impressed with the fact that I'd realised and pronounced his name in (something remotely resembling) a Norwegian way.  Go me.

The one that gets me - and you even gets TV chefs saying it - is "restauranteur".

It's restaurateur. There is no "n" in it.

Oh, and ironically enough, "pronounciation". It's pronunciation.

The one that gets me and I'm fully aware it shouldn't because it's probably pronounced incorrectly far more often than it's pronounced correctly is the word genealogy. Even on genealogy programmes the narrator can be heard saying geneology.

Sadly, the lovely Alex Jones just said it on The One Show. I forgive her. 

She can say anything in that accent and it would sound sexy, but in particular "Please sir, can I have some more?".

Welcome back theunderstudy! Unless we've just been mixing in different threads :)

I've been generally taking a break from VT as reading the Villa forums enrages me more than watching Clark defend. Still - back a lot more now!!

Serious post time.

Dirty talk, sexting, whatever you want to call it. It pisses me off when someone tries to engage me in it. What the **** am I supposed to say? 'Uh, yeah, that's great. I'm wearing jeans, they're a bit chafed, covered in dog hairs and could do with a wash. You.. you want to do what to me? Fair enough. Oh right, I uh...want to ah... have sex with your face?'

Useless.

Serious post time.

Dirty talk, sexting, whatever you want to call it. It pisses me off when someone tries to engage me in it. What the **** am I supposed to say? 'Uh, yeah, that's great. I'm wearing jeans, they're a bit chafed, covered in dog hairs and could do with a wash. You.. you want to do what to me? Fair enough. Oh right, I uh...want to ah... have sex with your face?'

Useless.

forget it then

to be honest at 10p a text I could see it being five quid before I got anywhere

could you delete that photo when you're done please

• Like 1

That twonk on Daily Politics who came on and said it would be great to cut all Guvmint spending on Culture.

Odious twerps like that make me sick to the stomach. If it was up to people like that the world would just be an ant colony. They'd be delighted with that, too. Mmm, lovely money. Keep working and give it all to me!

One of the best things about the UK is the freedom of people to be creative without the guvmint locking them up for being subversive or reserving the enjoyment of it for the rich.

I despise those people who want to 'let the market dictate' absolutely everything. A dangerous and deranged bunch of individuals, frankly.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

Â