Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Ah, thanks - maybe my annoyance was misdirected towards Sky! However, I did find several streams from other countries that were showing the first fifteen minutes of the last game, and it certainly didn't look like they were using different cameras?

yeah they have cameras there that show the game and record the highlights, just they cant show it in Spain as the other game is on and I think theres an agreement that sky just show what that channel shows or something

oooo, as if ive only just found this thread, i have so many, but ill start with one...

when people are unable to check the lights on their car and have a bulb out - it doesnt cost much!

the other day i was on the motorway, late in the day so it was dark, a car in front had no rear lights on, yet as i passed it i noticed the fronts were working, clearly the stupid bint driving it doesnt check her lights

Not always true. I can think of a major junction not far from me where the trigger does activate a pedestrian phase. If it isn't triggered I can turn left at the junction much sooner in the sequence that if it isn't pressed, normally when it is pressed the pedestrian has already crossed the road before the pedestrian sequence starts. I will however concede that this is a rarity.

It does bring me onto another pet peeve and that is how unintelligent traffic lights are in this day and age. There has to be a simple yet more effective method of controlling traffic flow than set intervals for each phase. Nothing worse than sitting at lights waiting for the phase that allows the opposite direction to go and the turn right filter lane (stopping you) for only one car to turn right but giving it time for twenty cars to turn right. just bloody dumb!

Most of the traffic lights around here use sensors to see how many cars are in the left (i.e. across oncoming traffic) turn lane and will deactivate the left-turn signal when there's none left.

The fact that nobody goes out to enjoy themselves anymore, it seems people only go out now to take hundreds of photos to post on facebook the next day to prove to everyone how fun and cool they are on their 'messy' nights out. Sad really. Muppets.

• Like 1

Happy shopper quality presents that people get u at Christmas. I had two boxes of chocolate, I dont eat chocolate. And 2 bottles of poundland aftershave. Thanks, but save your money next year.

What you need is a good measuring jug. Available from Lakeland.

I have measuring jugs but they use Decilitres so I still have to work it all out so I just gave up an found a new recipe but now my cold has gotten to the point where I can't really taste anything so I won't bother making anything nice now.

I'm starting to hate text mannerisms like "haha", "lol" etc

You know, like the rest of the snobs who post on here :D

Haha is fine... what other way would you express merriment or mirth in a text? I agree about LOL though... not acceptable in any circumstance. Even worse when my Mother uses it in a text after repeating a joke she got from a cracker.

With reference to my last post.. I saw someone use the acronym ROFPMSLMAO on Facebook the other day ... luckily, not a friend of mine, but a friend of a friend. I was appalled. I hope the individual choked on the wishbone in their Christmas dinner.

Â