Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep and it's been allowed to be established as the norm and everyone that deviates from the desire to fully commit and partake is ostracised and berated.  

If I happen to find any way to retire I am absolutely doing it.

I'm now in my 40s, but realistically still have another 20 year's of being stuck at work. If I'm really lucky that might drop to 15, if I'm unlucky that could be 30 plus.

Absolute joke.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YLN said:

Getting up before 6am to go to work. Set my alarm last night for 5:50am and not only did I have to get up and walk briskly to the bus stop, once I get to work I'm going to have to do things. They're going to make me. It doesn't seem right. Being up at this hour should be enough.

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Work, and the requriment to do it for 48 of the 52 weeks of the year is basically a form of torture.

8 hours ago, chappy said:

Working 5 days out of every 7 where you get a minimal part of your day for yourself when you get home tired is just a ridiculous concept

Agree with all of the above

My alarm is 5am when I'm in the office, which in reality means i'm lying there wide awake at 4am waiting for it! Out the house from 6am-6pm and a couple of hours to yourself before bed. 

When i'm WFH its a bit more relaxed. 

By the time Friday rolls around i;m exhausted. 

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm now in my 40s, but realistically still have another 20 year's of being stuck at work. If I'm really lucky that might drop to 15, if I'm unlucky that could be 30 plus.

Absolute joke.

I'm 45 this year and 55 is my absolute max regardless. I don't think my body would last another 20 years in full time work! I won't be able to claim my work pension until 57 due to the upcoming changes, so need to be able to self fund myself for a while. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm 45 this year and 55 is my absolute max regardless. I don't think my body would last another 20 years in full time work! I won't be able to claim my work pension until 57 due to the upcoming changes, so need to be able to self fund myself for a while. 

You’ll be fine, you’re **** loaded 😜

• Haha 1

I don't think I could cope with the commute again. Alarm goes off at 7:25, brew a coffee, have a piss and a shower, start work at 7:30, it's bliss.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think I could cope with the commute again. Alarm goes off at 7:25, brew a coffee, have a piss and a shower, start work at 7:30, it's bliss.

The old regime

Alarm 5:35am, wash, dress, rush a bowl of cereal, out the door at 6am. Drive 42 miles to work, park off site, walk the half mile to my building, up 3 flights of stairs to my desk and log on for 7am.

New regime

Alarm 6:45am. Walk downstairs, make a coffee, sit at desk in my office to start work at 7am. I can then have my breakfast and a shower whenever I’m ready.

I absolutely love WFH. 

• Like 4

Amateurs. Ingrained, no alarm. Up between 4.45 and 5. Wash up, walk the dog, feed the grandson, at my desk around 7.15 till 5ish. 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

You’ll be fine, you’re **** loaded 😜

I wish! 

I'm just a tight git who hates spending money! :D 

No alarm, up around 6, make coffee, have a ciggie, put an album or two on whilst dicking about on t'internet, occasionally get up to change record, jump in shower about 7:40, get dressed, leave for work about 8:15, drive to work, get there before 9.

Maybe do kitchen chores I’ve not done night before but they are usually done.

Mondays and Wednesdays, I'll also make soup for lunch in that time but that usually amounts to about 15 mins total inc washing up, more than one small black coffee may be imbibed as is my want that day

Older people do you remember that weird time during the gulf war, where we got a bit bonkers. 

Before I start this isn't about the gulf war so take that shit elsewhere. 

Watching top of the pops and Massive are on. They had to change their name from Massive Attack so radio would play them. Also Carter couldn't get played with their single bloodsport for all. A comment on the armed services. Such an odd time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'd like to retire around 55 too. Possibly semi-retire and do something low stress just to keep my mind active. However, my son will potentially be at uni around then so suspect I might need to keep working to support him through that. I've got a decent pension through work so who knows.

I do 40 hours a week, work from home two days a week. Get the bus, takes 40 mins and drops pretty much door to door work/home. 

Quite annoying that max pension contribution my employer gives is 7%, when if you joined before 2002 you get a final salary pension. Ironically these people are also in all the senior leadership positions now as well so on over 6 figures a year, get to retire at 60 and be on about 80 grand a year for life. We worked it out once it's an effective pension contribution of over 40% or something a year. On and there's a hefty pension deficit as well.

I don't like to buy into the 'feckless boomers' meme but Jesus how on earth did anyone in their right mind think that was ever going to be affordable.

Edited by VillaJ100

My house is in a small row with 4 other houses, 2 of the houses are occupied by elderly retirees and seeing them makes me terrified to retire. Even my son said “I don’t want to get old if that’s what happens”.

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I don't like to buy into the 'feckless boomers' meme but Jesus how on earth did anyone in their right mind think that was ever going to be affordable.

People generally used to die a few years into retirement so it was affordable back then. Living longer, and folks sometimes having 30 year retirement is what makes it unsustainable. 

• Like 1

Â