Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Spoke in another thread about how I'm now in a Walsall council area. And this is one of the downsides. The Birmingham tips still use appointments and it's great. Walsall doesn't so it's just a free for all

Book into the Sutton Tip using a Birmingham address, absolutely nailed on that the council will not be able to detect the issue.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Book into the Sutton Tip using a Birmingham address, absolutely nailed on that the council will not be able to detect the issue.

Or drive to Tamworth. I think officially they still have a booking system but last few times I’ve been I haven’t booked and drove straight in.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The Birmingham tips still use appointments and it's great. Walsall doesn't so it's just a free for all

What's wrong with a free for all? You just drive up, get rid of an old mattress/broken chair and you leave. 

It's half-term and I've got my son for the day. He's been suckered in by McDonald's having Mr Men in the Happy Meals, so I've taken him there for lunch. Despiye it's name my burger was neither big, nor particularly tasty. It was however cold and appeared to have been sat on by someone based off how squashed and flat it was. Same experience everytime I get a McDonald's and yet it's always heaving.

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

It's half-term and I've got my son for the day. He's been suckered in by McDonald's having Mr Men in the Happy Meals, so I've taken him there for lunch. Despiye it's name my burger was neither big, nor particularly tasty. It was however cold and appeared to have been sat on by someone based off how squashed and flat it was. Same experience everytime I get a McDonald's and yet it's always heaving.

smash burgers are all the rage

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

What's wrong with a free for all? You just drive up, sit outside the gates for a hour giving all the spiders and bugs enough time to decamp to their new home in your car, get rid of an old mattress/broken chair, do the death stare at that twunt that has parked across you and has now disappeared trying to retrieve half a table he’s going to upcycle, and you leave. 

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

What's wrong with a free for all? You just drive up, get rid of an old mattress/broken chair and you leave. 

Because it usually means there's a massive **** queue

Appointments meant you just drove up and straight in, easy as anything.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Ha! I can see that happening. It never happened to me in Lichfield/Burton though, I would hate another 'booking/appointment' situation.

But then again, I have never attempted to try on a Saturday afternoon. 

We have booking and it really does work well, takes about a minute to book, absolutely zero queues, guaranteed parking spot.

It was fun after everyone’s New Year house clearance, with all the peeps that clearly haven’t been for a while that just turned up with cars full of black bags of mixed up rubbish. All of them assigned a recyclingoberfuhrer to make them go through their bags and separate things with hard plastic, soft plastic, metal, wood…

All us veterans smirking as we unload our pre sorted detritus.

This was especially enjoyable for me, having helped on a house clearance and of the two of us I spent a tiny bit of time pre sorting, the brother in law announced that was pointless and just threw all sorts of everything in to rubble bags. They got him, and I didn’t even need to phone ahead on the crime stoppers number.

• Haha 1

All those people that moan because they are allowed to drive cars to do routine things without giving a thought to how those who can't drive would get equal access.

That pisses me off.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

We have booking and it really does work well, takes about a minute to book, absolutely zero queues, guaranteed parking spot.

It was fun after everyone’s New Year house clearance, with all the peeps that clearly haven’t been for a while that just turned up with cars full of black bags of mixed up rubbish. All of them assigned a recyclingoberfuhrer to make them go through their bags and separate things with hard plastic, soft plastic, metal, wood…

All us veterans smirking as we unload our pre sorted detritus.

This was especially enjoyable for me, having helped on a house clearance and of the two of us I spent a tiny bit of time pre sorting, the brother in law announced that was pointless and just threw all sorts of everything in to rubble bags. They got him, and I didn’t even need to phone ahead on the crime stoppers number.

Bickenhill?

50 minutes ago, limpid said:

All those people that moan because they are allowed to drive cars to do routine things without giving a thought to how those who can't drive would get equal access.

That pisses me off.

This related to the tip posts?

I wanted to pop in just to deliver a couple of bags of glass, traffic was backed up all the way down the road to get in, so I wanted to just chuck the bags in - the glass is right by the entrance.

They have a strict "no pedestrian access" policy according to the bloke shouting after me as I legged it in and out :D 

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This related to the tip posts?

I wanted to pop in just to deliver a couple of bags of glass, traffic was backed up all the way down the road to get in, so I wanted to just chuck the bags in - the glass is right by the entrance.

They have a strict "no pedestrian access" policy according to the bloke shouting after me as I legged it in and out :D 

Do you have a posh tip where the tip butlers unload your car for you?

I’ve been banned for 14 days on a sub Reddit called ‘we are the music makers’, for posting a link to a song on Spotify. The OP was asking whether he should pay for a drummer or use midi drums for a demo. I was sending a link to show how my midi drums turned out on a recent release. I got banned because you’re not allowed to promote your own music, except for in the dedicated weekly ‘share your music’ thread. 😑😑

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’ve been banned for 14 days on a sub Reddit called ‘we are the music makers’, for posting a link to a song on Spotify. The OP was asking whether he should pay for a drummer or use midi drums for a demo. I was sending a link to show how my midi drums turned out on a recent release. I got banned because you’re not allowed to promote your own music, except for in the dedicated weekly ‘share your music’ thread. 😑😑

Sorry. I can't comment on moderation. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Calling the Netherlands "Holland".

And yet the Netherlands football fans have that 'Hup Holland' chant. 

Â