Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

A mate of mine has been playing in bands for years, 20 plus years, usually **** awful prog rock bands as that's the music he likes, all of the bands he has been have played original music and I didn't like a single song. At the start of the year he joined a very successful tribute act to a country singer and its taken off in a big way, playing to up to a thousand people multiple times a week.

I am not that keen on tribute acts, I think they charge high ticket prices, in some cases take away from the original artist and if it was up to me I wouldn't allow them unless the original artist no longer toured, was dead, or retired. I also think in some cases they get billed higher on festival bills than those that record their own original material. 

Aside from that, he has started lecturing me on what is and what isn't country music. Last year he was in a **** Yes cover band, but now he is Red **** Foley. I haven't bitten as I think its lost over whatsapp and its more of a face to face conversation.

Surely  there is a Country Music thread for this sort of perverted chat? 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Do you have a link? A search isn't bringing it up. 

Just scroll to the very last page and you’ll find it nestled between the other threads nobody cares about The wrestling and vegan threads :D 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Drunk obnoxious people at works Christmas parties talking about their job roles and asking me about my job role.

Don't give a shit mate. Have a beverage and a dance son.

I’ve been out tonight having a nice time when someone I’m close to told me about how well they’re doing at work and was showing me photos of their fancy new company car. My heart sank, I just couldn’t care less, I find it so boring. I’m happy people are doing well, but can’t we talk about times we’ve shat ourselves or Merlin Premier League stickers?

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I think I’ve caught something off @Xela can’t stop pooing. Have you been in krakow lately ?

Have you been to Warsaw lately? They seem to like kicking the shit out of people. 

Early start this morning, sat in the office at 7 oclock, hefty Sunday dinner yesterday, sprouts, cabbage, stuffing etc so sat there, no one due in till 8, a colleague named Dave strolls in at 7.26. I am tooting away, basically my arse is playing Colonel Bogey and I can't stop. Only thing I can do to cover up the brass section playing in my trouser is to cough, and cough loudly and frequently. Dave is turning round, constantly, tutting. Thing is I see him, I see his files on the shared drive his word document "Why I love tesla cars and why they are the best by Dave".

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The boss turned up this morning just before 8:00 and appeared genuinely surprised a few of us were clearly deep in to an actual project and that those emails he’d received from about 7:15 onward were genuine, and not someone sending out some 7:15 tat and then disappearing for 3 hours.

I genuinely think that’s the earliest he’s been in the office this year. He’s very old school, working late is proof of hard work, being sat at a desk is proof of hard work. But generally rocks up at about 10:00 having been at a generic non specific meeting before that.

We have our Christmas party on Friday. I have planned my week’s workload around that. He will work right up to the point he arrives at the meal slightly late because he had Friday deadlines.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

The boss turned up this morning just before 8:00 and appeared genuinely surprised a few of us were clearly deep in to an actual project and that those emails he’d received from about 7:15 onward were genuine, and not someone sending out some 7:15 tat and then disappearing for 3 hours.

I genuinely think that’s the earliest he’s been in the office this year. He’s very old school, working late is proof of hard work, being sat at a desk is proof of hard work. But generally rocks up at about 10:00 having been at a generic non specific meeting before that.

We have our Christmas party on Friday. I have planned my week’s workload around that. He will work right up to the point he arrives at the meal slightly late because he had Friday deadlines.

I absolutely hate people like that. I had a boss like that, but he also used to be in a stupid o’clock in the morning and tell everyone how he saw the sun rise from the office desk. 6am or earlier he’d get in. 

Someone genuinely once told him to get a life in front of a room full of people in a meeting :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Someone genuinely once told him to get a life in front of a room full of people in a meeting

I once told my boss in a meeting to rearrange the words "off" and "f*ck" into a well-known phrase or saying. 

Can't for the life of me work out why I never had a meteoric career progression. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â