Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just browsing property on Zoopla. What's this Homewise, half the first time buyer houses look under this deal, show a cheap price, then when I looked it's a deal for the over 60s only. Lots of refurb properties 2, 3, 4, 5 bedroom houses. I mean, who needs a 4 bed retirement house, an as if most can be bothered at 60+ to refurb a house fully. This deal or some sort, should be offered to first time buyers, not over 60s, surely.

Looked a bit more, the true value is in the description, price shown £245.000, if you want to buy and are not under 60, price £465.00. Not very good, another public website gone all commercial.

Edited by foreveryoung

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Pype Hayes, huge fire, Fair and firework display. the place to be on Nov 5th.

Nah Kimbolton village in Bedfordshire. The local vicar is the only individual in the country with a private licence to do fireworks. Gets to go all over the world to do shows. Gets involved in new years eve in london. Did a huge display at the millenium. 

Practices for future displays at the Kimbolton bonfire night. People come from miles around.

16 hours ago, bickster said:

Yes but we allow idiots to buy incendiary weapons

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm not saying I agree with it and more should be done... like many things in this country.

But let's not hold our breath in hoping for change to come about.

There's more chance of that moron Braverman resigning by tomorrow morning.

There must be a chance that a ban on fireworks is coming @bickster   😁

Spoiler

Yes, she was sacked*

• Haha 1

The absolute shambles that is the youtube (and quite a few other apps) search function nowadays and I suppose it's the algorithm.

I legit search the near enough exact title of a documentary and the top 5 results where other channels discussing that documentary that I believe YT thinks I'd be more interested in. (As they are familiar to me)

Just an example of being fed not what we want but what we are told or what they think we want.

Google is the same I am sure to a degree.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

The absolute shambles that is the youtube (and quite a few other apps) search function nowadays and I suppose it's the algorithm.

I legit search the near enough exact title of a documentary and the top 5 results where other channels discussing that documentary that I believe YT thinks I'd be more interested in. (As they are familiar to me)

Just an example of being fed not what we want but what we are told or what they think we want.

Also, unlike most other apps, YT does not remember your previous searches, so you have to type it all in again every time. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I find the youtube search quite good actually. Plenty of times I don't really know enough details about what I'm searching for and it ends up finding what I'm looking for

18 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Phone, tv and computer for me.

An example: I search for 'Charlie Aitken', and get a result. I then start a new search. I would expect 'Cha...' to bring up Charlie Aitken again, but no. 

ytsearch.jpg

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

An example: I search for 'Charlie Aitken', and get a result. I then start a new search. I would expect 'Cha...' to bring up Charlie Aitken again, but no. 

ytsearch.jpg

Same for me Mike in Youtube, the only Google place where it doesn't retain it for me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

ytsearch.jpg

Are you logged in? 

I’m not logged in but it saves history until I leave the app

IMG-2877.jpg

This is the iphone app

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

ytsearch.jpg

I assume you are logged into your Youtube/Google account and not just doing it as an anonymous person?

It remembers all my previous searches on phone and computer.

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I assume you are logged into your Youtube/Google account and not just doing it as an anonymous person?

It remembers all my previous searches on phone and computer.

Yes, I'm logged in. 

Â