Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My children’s school are rolling out a new timetable from September and it’s bonkers, and i’m thinking potentially illegal.

Start of the day depending on the day of the week is either 8:40 (Thursday/Friday) or 8:50 (Monday to Wednesday). So first WTF there, just have it the same so everyone can plan properly!

Biggest WTF is lunchtime, school finishes at 3.20 but the lunch break is 1:30 till 2:20. That 50 minute break is split in 2 with years 7 and 8 having access to the canteen for the first 25 mins followed by years 9, 10 and 11. So an older child realistically is not eating lunch until after 2pm… and then going home at 3:20. It’s just so bizarre.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

My children’s school are rolling out a new timetable from September and it’s bonkers, and i’m thinking potentially illegal.

Start of the day depending on the day of the week is either 8:40 (Thursday/Friday) or 8:50 (Monday to Wednesday). So first WTF there, just have it the same so everyone can plan properly!

Biggest WTF is lunchtime, school finishes at 3.20 but the lunch break is 1:30 till 2:20. That 50 minute break is split in 2 with years 7 and 8 having access to the canteen for the first 25 mins followed by years 9, 10 and 11. So an older child realistically is not eating lunch until after 2pm… and then going home at 3:20. It’s just so bizarre.

Oh sweet summer child, you should see school schedules in Poland.

Kids can have classes at any time of day, with any size of gap and every child's schedule is different. Even in primary school.

Nightmare for any parent who works.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Biggest WTF is lunchtime, school finishes at 3.20 but the lunch break is 1:30 till 2:20

Yeah, that is odd.  I'd imagine they're struggling with staff to adequately cook everything ready or something along those lines.  For me, they should start letting kids in to queue up for the meals at 11:45 - they'll start eating at say 12:00 and then everyone out by 1PM. 

10 minutes ago, trekka said:

Yeah, that is odd.  I'd imagine they're struggling with staff to adequately cook everything ready or something along those lines.  For me, they should start letting kids in to queue up for the meals at 11:45 - they'll start eating at say 12:00 and then everyone out by 1PM. 

There’s a session (lesson) before 12:30 to 13:30, I don’t know why they don’t have lunch then and have 2 lessons after lunch. There’s obviously a reason for it to be distorted like this, but I can’t fathom what it is.

Edited by Genie

On 12/07/2023 at 18:54, Xela said:

Same.

The £12 includes YT Music, which is not something I want. I have Spotify for that. 

Well if you're paying £10 a month for Spotify anyway, then you can have Youtube Music and Youtube Premium for only £2 more.

Makes more sense for someone like you, rather than someone who only uses free Spotify and has to pay £12 extra.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s a session (lesson) before 12:30 to 13:30, I don’t know why they don’t have lunch then and have 2 lessons after lunch. There’s obviously a reason for it to be distorted like this, but I can’t fathom what it is.

I left school 15-20 years ago now but lunch was the same time as this back then.

8:40-9:00 was form/registration, 4 x 1 hour lessons with a 20 min break in the middle then 13:20-14:15 for lunch followed by the last lesson of the day. Mind you we were served burgers, cans of coke and chocolate back then, I don't know how much it's changed but I'd have bet any lesson after lunch would have been more disruptive than the ones before it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Many kids small canteen? When I worked in a school there would be 5-6 sittings at around 30 minutes. But the times you mentioned are weird even if this would be the answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Well if you're paying £10 a month for Spotify anyway, then you can have Youtube Music and Youtube Premium for only £2 more.

Makes more sense for someone like you, rather than someone who only uses free Spotify and has to pay £12 extra.

Well apart from YouTube music being utterly shit

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Do I need to be sheep on here, as I get a dig every time I post a different opinion to the crowd.

You don't need to be a sheep, no, it's just funny how often you come out with something like this.

I'm still on your side about Argos though, so on one out of about 300 topics we're in agreement :)

46 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Do I need to be sheep on here, as I get a dig every time I post a different opinion to the crowd.

Not at all but sometimes it comes across as if you're in a baaaaaad mood. ;)

Edited by trekka

51 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You could maybe try and develop some critical thinking skills…

What is Critical Thinking?

Critical thinking is the ability to think clearly and rationally, understanding the logical connection between ideas.  Critical thinking has been the subject of much debate and thought since the time of early Greek philosophers such as Plato and Socrates and has continued to be a subject of discussion into the modern age, for example the ability to recognise fake news.

skillsyouneed.com

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Not this nonsense again 🙄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Well apart from YouTube music being utterly shit

Spot on. But it's not as shit as Spotify, Amazon music, Apple music etc. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

@foreveryoung

It's a forum.

We post a lot of shit and people either agree of disagree with it.

You seem to get a fair amount of negative interaction because a lot of people disagree with many of your posts and your POV on some tricky subjects. 

Maybe try and take some of the replies on board and have a bit of a think instead of a load of 'Poor me' victim bollocks which doesn't help anyone.

We're pretty much a reasonable, friendly lot on here even when we don't agree 👍 

Poor me victim?  I don't actually give 2 f***s.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Spot on. But it's not as shit as Spotify, Amazon music, Apple music etc. 

I respectfully disagree, Spoty is far from perfect but as a discovery tool it's the best. I only use it on the move and the algorithms for new music are better than all the rest

• Like 2

Â