Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Virgin Media came up but it's going straight back down, going straight back down, going straight back down...

I know a song about that.

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yep. Virgin internet is up and down like a whore's drawers atm. 

First month of their massive price rises too. I bet their customer services team are having a lovely day. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

First month of their massive price rises too. I bet their customer services team are having a lovely day. 

There will be loads of entitled words removed giving them hell. I feel for them 

• Like 1

I’m surprised the government is not putting pressure on all these telecoms companies who are putting prices up well over inflation. It just keeps the inflation cycle going and going.

Even if inflation is zero or negative they increase prices by 3.9% which is double the BoE target of 2%.

Edited by Genie

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m surprised the government is not putting pressure on all these telecoms companies who are putting prices up well over inflation. It just keeps the inflation cycle going and going.

Even if inflation is zero or negative they increase prices by 3.9% which is double the BoE target of 2%.

It’s nurses wages that cause inflation.

And those robbing bastard carers.

• Like 2

Our IT team are trying to cut down on licenses so emailed everyone with a certain product asking if they still need it. They used CC instead of BCC, and so far I'm up to 37 individuals (who are, ostensibly, well-educated) emailing everybody back to confirm they do/don't.

I'd like to find those 37 people and the idiot who doesn't know what BCC is and individually punch them in the face.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

Personalised number plates generally but more specifically the ones who put 'V8' or 'V6' or whatever on them. Anybody who cares about that kind of thing would likely know what engine your car has and for everyone else, nobody cares!

3 minutes ago, villaajax said:

Personalised number plates

I think that was my very first entry in the original version of this thread. 

It's irrational, I really shouldn't care, and I have good friends who have them, but for some reason I think badly of anyone who would want one. 

Perfect for the thread title, really. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I think that was my very first entry in the original version of this thread. 

It's irrational, I really shouldn't care, and I have good friends who have them, but for some reason I think badly of anyone who would want one. 

Perfect for the thread title, really. 

if you're minted, i get it. because why the **** not.

but on a modest income, with a family to support, there must be 100 things that are better spending £500 or whatever on

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I got gifted one once. Took a couple of years for it to stop being brought up that I should put it on.

If somebody gifted me 'MJM 1', I'd thank them sincerely for their generosity - and immediately sell it for as much as I could get. I'd feel like a clearing in the woods driving round with it on (regardless of the value of the car). 

My wife gifted me one, I couldn’t turn it down as it was a gift. It’s initials and something related to my job. I would never ever have bought it. I have voiced that dicks have them but still she did it. 

1 hour ago, villaajax said:

Personalised number plates generally but more specifically the ones who put 'V8' or 'V6' or whatever on them. Anybody who cares about that kind of thing would likely know what engine your car has and for everyone else, nobody cares!

Or ones that were specific to a certain car that don't make sense anymore, since the owner has changed motors. For example, M3 XXX on a Merc or Audi 

• Like 1

Â