Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

17 hours ago, bickster said:

Treat them as entertainment. Wind them up and abuse them. It's an art form :D

The more creative and long winded the better.

I had a call about a car accident I was in.

Can I confirm I was in said accident? Yes that’s right.

So what injuries did you suffer? I died.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I had a call about a car accident I was in.

Can I confirm I was in said accident? Yes that’s right.

So what injuries did you suffer? I died.

Ah thats too short. If I want it to be short I go for "HI I'd like to make a Subject Access Request" - 90% chance the call gets ended by them straight away

I once had a drawn out email conversation with a Nigerian businessman who wanted to gift me millions of dollars. He just wanted my name and address so he could arrange the money to be transferred. Funnily enough he never asked for my bank details, I think he was just after confirmed name, address and email data to sell. 

Anyway, I told him my name was Toby Longbottom and I was a religious man that lived in a park underneath a lovely big sycamore tree. And since I had no address I would be more than happy to travel to meet him at his address, so I could collect the money and save him the trouble. I managed to string this guy along for about ten emails, eventually he stopped replying. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Disingenuous advertising. 

Just seen one for branded ibuprofen tablets. The tagline? "No ibuprofen has been proven to be more effective". 

No, of course it hasn't. Or less effective. Because ibuprofren is ibuprofen. It's all the same. Just buy the cheapest generic you can get. 

I needed some the other week and walk past Waitrose on my way home. They didn't have any of the cheap ones. Only Nurofen and another that I couldn't see the price for. Thinking they couldn't be more than Nurofen I picked them up, got to the till..... £5.50! Sod that, I knew I had 2 tablets at home and got some the next day for 39p.

• Like 2

People on here moan about music posts in non-music threads. 

Well wrestling (or whatever form of pretend fighting it is) has leached into at least two other threads this morning. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well wrestling (or whatever form of pretend fighting it is) has leached into at least two other threads this morning. 

wrestling-crawl.gif

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Tbf one was a death reported in the deadpool. What was the other one? 

The soundtrack of Asda Minworth is screaming kids. What an absolute hell-hole. 

No disrespect, but the patrons at Morrisons and Sainsburys are of a far higher caliber than that particular Asda. 

Talking of Morrisons. Was in there earlier getting something for dinner. Noticed at the meat counter they were bagging different items up for reduced price and putting them on the side. The reduced tag wasn’t on them yet so thought I’d stand back and give the lady chance to tag them up for whatever price. The moment the first yellow reduced tag when in the first item a swarm of people literally came from nowhere hovering around her. One woman was picking stuff up before it had been tagged. Pissed me off for two reasons, one being just wait patiently and the other being well there goes all the nice stuff. I got left with 3 fish fingers for 54p and a jumbo sausage for 36p . 

• Like 1

Â