Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Women comedians just aren't funny.
This view seems to be almost universal on VT, and I don't understand it at all.

It's like saying women can't act, or sing.

but they can act and they can sing.

Yep, personal taste, just never found a women comedian to make me laugh more than just once or twice during a routine. They bore me.

I'd go along with that.

I can't think of a single woman comedian who I would consider good at it. There are women who i find funny on occasions, and make a living out of it, obviously. MOre than some who have their moments.

But a good woman comedian? I honestly can't think of one. I think Jo Brand comes closest but I don't think I could watch a standup routine by her.

that monty python dead parrot sketch... not funny in the least. well ok first time it's vaguely amusing, but THAT IS ALL.

sorry, just saw a reference to it in an episode of buffy the vampire slayer ffs, how does that skit travel so? Its not funny! grr

Whereas kk is annoying, there's one creepy guy at work who constantly says and types 'okies'. Maybe it's just the way he says it and that he's a 30 year old, fat nerd with very long, unwashed hair, an equally long ridiculous-looking wirey beard who wears school trousers and shoes with crazy, brightly-coloured hawaiian shirts. He just makes me cringe. Most of his opinions are pretty ridiculous too, a very strange chap to say the least.

Women comedians just aren't funny.
This view seems to be almost universal on VT, and I don't understand it at all.

It's like saying women can't act, or sing.

It is possible for there to be funny female comedians. There just aren't any.

It's a very male dominated sphere, the comedy arena anyway. When I've been to comedy clubs and they've had multiple acts I've never seen a woman even appear, so proportionally out of the women available to audiences to hear the chances of remembering a funny one is all the more harder. I think there are some good ones out there, I've heard a good few occasionally on the radio, never caught their names mind.

Also I confess, I don't mind the daftness of Millican et al on the radio 4 comedy shows, they're usually amusing enough, but in terms of stand up itself, I think we'll see more coming through in the next generation or so, but still definitely quite a cock-heavy arena.

There are some incredibly funny women out there of course, but I know what you're all saying about female stand-ups in particular.

I think what annoys me about them, which is why I don't find them so funny, is that the female stand-ups I've seen all seem to focus on the fact that they're women like it's something we've never heard before. There's no real need for it, it just sounds like they're trying too hard. Perhaps because it's still such a male-orientated profession, women feel as though they have to stand out more, or try extra hard.

that monty python dead parrot sketch... not funny in the least. well ok first time it's vaguely amusing, but THAT IS ALL.

sorry, just saw a reference to it in an episode of buffy the vampire slayer ffs, how does that skit travel so? Its not funny! grr

I find that with all world famous routines/jokes/sketches for some reason. I love only fools and horses, but delboy falling through the bar has never once made me titter.

Oh, I agree that most of the Python routines have been rendered unfunny by endless repetition. And they were 'of their time' - which also happened to have been 'my' time. On the rare occasion I watch the DVDs now, I enjoy the 'forgotten' sketches far more than the 'greatest hits'.

Whereas kk is annoying, there's one creepy guy at work who constantly says and types 'okies'. Maybe it's just the way he says it and that he's a 30 year old, fat nerd with very long, unwashed hair, an equally long ridiculous-looking wirey beard who wears school trousers and shoes with crazy, brightly-coloured hawaiian shirts. He just makes me cringe. Most of his opinions are pretty ridiculous too, a very strange chap to say the least.

WOW! You just painted a very unpleasant picture. He just sounds.....icky.

Back pain. Chronic at that. Although calling it pain is excessive - chronic back discomfort is apt. But it is pain first thing in the morning.

So I asked around, yoga seems to be recommended. Had a go this morning, now everywhere hurts.

Just gimme some pills.

I used to get that, I did a back strengthening weights regime and haven't had a reoccurrence since

After the fallout from villa/baggies going drinking and saying "alroight bab" to many many a girl to night taking the piss and somehow pulling 1 mindblowingly absolute stunner in kiddy and 2 bang on blonde things

for anyone in kiddy, tribe, her in te long white dress, **** stunner, I literally walked up to her and said alroight bab how bin ya and she found it hilarious, when you're single she'd tell you to **** right off

Â