Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I listen to Absolute Radio. If a shit tune comes on I'll just switch to Absolute 80's or 90's or Absolute Classic Rock.  Usually at least one version has different ad breaks as well. 

I can't listen to Radio 2, the odd sprinkling of decent tunes spread out between dance music, boy and girl bands and singer songwriters. Plus annoying presenters. Mrs Sidcow tends to listen to it, I have to put up with it till midday when Jeremy Vine comes on so I can switch to Absolute when he starts his nonsense. Even Mrs Sidcow won't listen to that stuff. 

In the wife's car the DAB is usually switched between Planet Rock and Absolute Classic Rock.

But even they are annoying.

They always have an ad break at the same time, and on many instances when I've switched from one to the other, they are playing the same **** artist, usually Def **** Leppard or Bon Bastard Jovi.

In the house I usually listen to 101.5 Bob Rocks (tri States Area) even their ads are more interesting and fewer. Who doesn't want to listen to the offers from the local gun shop? :)

Ray Parlour and Alan Brazil doing a Tour of the UK. I suppose it's just talking about there life and how good it's been. £40 a ticket, I mean who goes to these events?  If it's anything like what he talks about on Talk Sport, I mean anyone of us could do the same event. They were footballers, but there's nothing we don't already know, apart from the stories when they get hammered, if that's what you want to hear about.

I hate radio. All of it. About the only station I can tolerate is Radio 3, and even that can be shite. Mrs M drives me insane by her obsession with the tedious wittering of Radio 4. We can be watching TV in the living room, and she nips out to the kitchen for a drink. Switches on R4. Immediately returns to the TV, leaving the radio murmuring away. I sigh, and go out and switch it off. Repeat, numerous times a day, every day, forever. 

• Like 1

Combining the radio chat with discussion the other day about quoting lines from tv or film in every day conversation, I can confirm that this scene has been replicated on more than one occasion when it’s been suggested we listen to something in the car -

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ray Parlour and Alan Brazil doing a Tour of the UK. I suppose it's just talking about there life and how good it's been. £40 a ticket, I mean who goes to these events?  If it's anything like what he talks about on Talk Sport, I mean anyone of us could do the same event. They were footballers, but there's nothing we don't already know, apart from the stories when they get hammered, if that's what you want to hear about.

If I could ask Brazil one question on his tour, it would be: "How are you still alive?"

ekREGPD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Definitely one that should have gone on the Deadpool list. It's surely a matter of time before some important tube gives out or clots up. 

image.png.2cb9a1e0b136e693993519570e03a791.png

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm beginning to strongly dislike some 'fans' who post in the on-topic section. I need to step away from the keyboard and not let it bother me as its a ridiculous thing to get wound up by. I feel angry at myself for feeling like this! 

Yes step away. Some don't even understand when I am obviously trolling.

• Like 1

Made some nice Guinness soda the other day .....sitting here munching on it with some roast garlic hummus spread over it .....I should be happy ......but right now I'd rather be drinking the two cans that went into it 😢

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People who are weirdly proud of being able to make roast potatoes

Yeah, I hear Aunt Bessie is a real bitch. 

7 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

I raise you people that can't make a Yorkshire pudding ....even tho the recipe is so simple !!!!

I'll be honest I buy Yorkshire puddings when I'm doing a roast. I can make them but it's a faff and not sure it's worth it when you can just buy 4 very nice ones (which just end up covered in gravy anyway) for £1 and throw them in the oven for 5 minutes. 

Â