Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dropping your guitar pick inside your guitar.

Resulting in the funky guitar shaking dance. 

Then there's tucking your pick under the edge of the scratchplate on an electric - oops, too far, resulting in the great screwdriver hunt. 

Or dropping your pick on the floor, resulting a wormhole in the spacetime continuum, and its total disappearance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Resulting in the funky guitar shaking dance. 

Then there's tucking your pick under the edge of the scratchplate on an electric - oops, too far, resulting in the great screwdriver hunt. 

Or dropping your pick on the floor, resulting a wormhole in the spacetime continuum, and its total disappearance. 

And as we speak, the three year old puts a snotty tissue and a piece of toast into my guitar. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 2

When you’re tracking an Amazon delivery, looking at the map and he’s three stops away, just up the road. Then the map disappears and two hours later you’ve still no idea if you can risk going for a poop. 

I took my little girl swimming tonight, half the pool was sectioned off with 3 swim lanes (slow, medium, fast) and the other half just open.

There was a total of about 6 or 7 people swimming up and down in the lanes, and about 15 swimming up and down in the open part.

It was really **** annoying because my daughter just wanted to splash around, little swims here and there and practice pushing off the slide and gliding, but it was really difficult because of these dickheads creating unnecessary traffic which we had to keep dodging.

• Like 2

Coming over to the UK in August for a mate's wedding and looking on how to get back from Edinburgh to the Midlands.

Checked the trains, bear in mind we're 5 months out.  2 singles, Edinburgh to Birmingham, 220 quid. Are they having a laugh????

I could fly to and from Poland 3 times for that.

28 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Coming over to the UK in August for a mate's wedding and looking on how to get back from Edinburgh to the Midlands.

Checked the trains, bear in mind we're 5 months out.  2 singles, Edinburgh to Birmingham, 220 quid. Are they having a laugh????

They are a joke

Look at split tickets (same train but multiple tickets, yet cheaper) or sometimes just outright buying a Railcard and then getting the tickets works out cheaper overall

41 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Looking at Skyscanner you could fly it from £25-£40 each (easyJet).

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I took my little girl swimming tonight, half the pool was sectioned off with 3 swim lanes (slow, medium, fast) and the other half just open.

There was a total of about 6 or 7 people swimming up and down in the lanes, and about 15 swimming up and down in the open part.

It was really **** annoying because my daughter just wanted to splash around, little swims here and there and practice pushing off the slide and gliding, but it was really difficult because of these dickheads creating unnecessary traffic which we had to keep dodging.

Where was it? 

There's a long boring story about swimming pools coming up here... 

They're flavour of the month with construction at the moment, replaced schools from the noughties, basically local authorities have clocked on to them losing a ton of cash because they don't know what they're doing with them, so theres an influx of operators coming in who will lease them off the LA to manage the centre but of course they all want new updated centres, as a result they're all getting refurbs, I did 4 of them before I left and my old company has done another 5 or 6 in the 3 years since

LAs being LAs request financial assistance to build the new facility, this gets passed on to Sport England who will give them a small slice of the pie, in return SE will request a certain structure to the facility, which the operator from my experience is fairly happy with, SE want clubs, they want swimmers, they don't want kids splashing around, they want coaches and classes, they want the local canoe club renting the pool for an hour more than they want kids in there 

And from what I can gather these operators do turn them around and make a lot of money so I don't think I would criticise the idea or say its wrong it's just not what it was when I was a kid

I haven't seen what they did to the crystal leisure centre but I know my old company have recently worked on that, that was a great fun pool

Long story short - blame sport england 

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Where was it? 

There's a long boring story about swimming pools coming up here... 

They're flavour of the month with construction at the moment, replaced schools from the noughties, basically local authorities have clocked on to them losing a ton of cash because they don't know what they're doing with them, so theres an influx of operators coming in who will lease them off the LA to manage the centre but of course they all want new updated centres, as a result they're all getting refurbs, I did 4 of them before I left and my old company has done another 5 or 6 in the 3 years since

LAs being LAs request financial assistance to build the new facility, this gets passed on to Sport England who will give them a small slice of the pie, in return SE will request a certain structure to the facility, which the operator from my experience is fairly happy with, SE want clubs, they want swimmers, they don't want kids splashing around, they want coaches and classes, they want the local canoe club renting the pool for an hour more than they want kids in there 

And from what I can gather these operators do turn them around and make a lot of money so I don't think I would criticise the idea or say its wrong it's just not what it was when I was a kid

I haven't seen what they did to the crystal leisure centre but I know my old company have recently worked on that, that was a great fun pool

Long story short - blame sport england 

This pool is at the Snowdome in Tamworth. A completely private enterprise as far as I am aware. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

One of my favourite programmes is homes under the hammer and it’s shocking just how much cheaper property was 10-15 years ago.

Yeah, you could get even 1 bedroom flats in London for under a million 😂

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah, you could get even 1 bedroom flats in London for under a million 😂

Some of the London ones are mad. Buy a run down small house or flat for £400k, paint it, put a new toilet seat on and sell for £750k

luvvly jubbly, yeah, I’m bladdy delighted with dat valuation.

Then up north someone buys a 3 bed town house for 12k, spends £10k on it and it’s now valued at £15k.

I’ll probably rent it out for a bit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â