Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Fuel is one of the reasons I changed my car recently. My Q5 was already costing me £90+ to fill up and barely managed 400 miles on a full tank.

**** knows what it would be costing now

4 hours ago, chappy said:

Re. Petrol prices, it’s worth joining Costco if you can get a membership (£30 annual) and live near enough that it’s not a detour to fill up. Not sure what it currently is with events in Ukraine but it was 134 here a couple of weeks ago when everywhere else was 142+

There are bargains to be had in the store too, just have to have your wits about you and not get tempted in by everything as some things are cheaper elsewhere.

This. In Birmingham (next to star city) they are always at least a penny cheaper than the rest of the city. 

5 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

This. In Birmingham (next to star city) they are always at least a penny cheaper than the rest of the city. 

I’d rather pay the extra and bankrupt myself to not have to go near Stab City. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It is only 1.5 miles from Villa Park ;) 

That being said, given it is only on 1 side of the road with no easy access from the other way, it can be a bit of a pain to get into.

Edited by cyrusr

16 hours ago, rjw63 said:

There's an Esso fuel station on the A45 Coventry Road heading out of Brum, just as you get near to the M42.

£1.64.9 for diesel.

One pound sixty **** five.

If that was in France they'd have burned it to the ground, and deservedly so.

Anyone paying that kind of price is an absolute penis.

There's always profiteering in wartime!

Oil that $100 a barrel won't be hitting the pumps for quite a while.

The guy at the RAC always say petrol prices rocket up but come down like a feather!. Grr!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

There's always profiteering in wartime!

Some flights i wanted to book on Friday were £97 , as its a group booking and also using some credit from previous (Covid)  cancelled flights I had to email the airline 

They came back on Monday £199 a ticket  ..I asked them why and they said the flight is busy and so the cost reflects that due to a rise in demand  ..funny how every single flight on that route on every single day of the year all suddenly got busy over the weekend and the price increased  

Swiss Air you lying rocket polishers 

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I took the family to watch a film there a couple of years back, never again. 
It was a week before that massive gang knife fight.

Throughout the film people arriving late, then there’s people in their seats (who presumably didn’t pay and just snook in) and it happened over and over. 
It didn’t feel safe at all.

Horrible place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I took the family to watch a film there a couple of years back, never again. 
It was a week before that massive gang knife fight.

Throughout the film people arriving late, then there’s people in their seats (who presumably didn’t pay and just snook in) and it happened over and over. 
It didn’t feel safe at all.

Horrible place. 

I’ve been parking there on match days recently, hasn’t felt unsafe.

When people call a moderately exciting game of top-flight football 'Barclays', especially if they twin it with some god-awful twee phrase 'that was a huge slice of pure Barclays' or whatever shite like that.

I've made myself feel physically sick just typing that out.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

When people call a moderately exciting game of top-flight football 'Barclays', especially if they twin it with some god-awful twee phrase 'that was a huge slice of pure Barclays' or whatever shite like that.

I always assumed it was an insult. Rhyming slang. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Genuinely never heard this until now. Consider that you have caused me mental anguish and reflect on that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I too have never heard this before.

Methinks this might just be a Hanoi thing……..

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Off to see a show in town on Friday.

So to get home I either need to not drink,  sprint out to catch the last train at 11...or catch a £40 taxi.

Why would the last train be at 11 O'clock ffs

It's such a limiting factor on Birmingham's nightlife. Just do one at midnight and one at 1 at least. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Off to see a show in town on Friday.

So to get home I either need to not drink,  sprint out to catch the last train at 11...or catch a £40 taxi.

Why would the last train be at 11 O'clock ffs

Same problem here and Manchester

My last train in Liverpool is like 23:30 or a £25 taxi home

Last train from Manchester is about 11:10 from Oxford Rd and nowhere near some of the venues, then that just gets me to Liverpool and a £25 home plus I've missed the end of the show

• Like 1

Â