Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

52 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

On the subject of school parking. There are 2 cars that have started parking in the stretch of road I aim for, that park just less than a cars length away from the next car. Absolutely does my head in. 

Ah yes, the do that near me. It’s a residential street (I feel for the poor sods who live there), in between the drive ways there’s room for 2 cars and then a word removed will park right in the **** middle leaving not enough room either side.

On 09/02/2022 at 12:44, Genie said:

I like to watch tradesmen (not in a gay way) when they are at mine but I know they hate that, which pisses me off.

Your 'I like to watch tradesmen (not in a gay way)' T-shirt has people asking one question that is already answered by the T-shirt. 

The amount of people I'm seeing at the moment driving with their number plate completely unreadable because it's so filthy.

Also the bellends that drive with tinted number plates can be added to that. If I was a copper I'd have an absolute field day handing out fines.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

The amount of people I'm seeing at the moment driving with their number plate completely unreadable because it's so filthy.

Also the bellends that drive with tinted number plates can be added to that. If I was a copper I'd have an absolute field day handing out fines.

Personalised plates.

People buy weird stuff, but I struggle to think of a more pointless purchase. It unnecessary and vain.

How can you spend hundreds of £££ just for your plate to read AL83RT. What even is that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Personalised plates.

People buy weird stuff, but I struggle to think of a more pointless purchase. It unnecessary and vain.

How can you spend hundreds of £££ just for your plate to read AL83RT. What even is that. 

I believe my first ever posting in the (now defunct) Mk 1 version of this thread was on that very subject. 

19 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Personalised plates.

Lots do it so the second-hand car they bought looks newer

I know the answer these days would be “the internet”, but before then I wouldn’t have a clue where one would locate a personalised license plate.

Would they be on sale in Auto Trader? Actually that’s one for “I have never…” thread. Never once I have picked up a copy of Auto Trader.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

38 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I know the answer these days would be “the internet”, but before then I wouldn’t have a clue where one would locate a personalised license plate.

Would they be on sale in Auto Trader? Actually that’s one for “I have never…” thread. Never once I have picked up a copy of Auto Trader.

There's agencies and there's also direct from the DVLA

• Like 1

Direct from the DVLA is generally best as it includes their fees. A lot of 3rd party sellers sell you the plate then you have to pay the DVLA to register it to your car.

p.s. no, I don’t own one.

Edited by Genie

The thing with tinted/smoky plates though is that they're just straight up illegal. I don't know whether people that drive with them just don't know that they're illegal, can't be arsed to check, or just don't give a shit and try to get away with it (probably the latter two).

Like I said before, if I was a copper I'd take great joy in pulling people over and fining them for it. Same for people who dawdle in the middle lane of the motorway, or try to join a carriageway or motorway at about 30mph. 

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Personalised plates.

My missus got a personalised plate for her birthday from my sister. 

It has my initials on it, the year we got married, and her name. I'm OK with that 

What I do detest are private plates that have been doctored with strange fonts or incorrect spacing, or strategically placed screw caps, to make it look like a name. 

Cheap and wank. 

• Like 2

Mine alludes to my job and my initials. I never expressed a liking of personalised plates, quite the contrary, I think they are a shit vanity. So when it was presented to me, I had to feign joy, and I can never ever get rid of it, unless I have a huge change of career. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Mine alludes to my job and my initials. I never expressed a liking of personalised plates, quite the contrary, I think they are a shit vanity. So when it was presented to me, I had to feign joy, and I can never ever get rid of it, unless I have a huge change of career. 

S68CMC (assuming your job is Cowboy Music Connoisseur?) 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Personalised plates.

It was on the car when I bought it. Honest! 

Â