Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who disappear halfway through a WhatsApp conversation, despite me replying to them promptly. 

It’s like they think “Well there was no reason why my message would warrant a response, I’ll just not bother looking at my phone for several hours. Mark won’t be left in limbo at all…”.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

People who disappear halfway through a WhatsApp conversation, despite me replying to them promptly. 

It’s like they think “Well there was no reason why my message would warrant a response, I’ll just not bother looking at my phone for several hours. Mark won’t be left in limbo at all…”.

I do this to people all the time. 🤦‍♂️

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well I don’t think it’s you, but just in case, if your name is Rachel, could you check your WhatsApp messages please?

Thanks.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Haha 3

On 05/12/2021 at 06:53, rodders0223 said:

Slow walkers.

As I am on my usual Villa Park pilgrimage. Jesus man how do people walk so bloody slow.

You're young fit(tish) men. I've already dialed back the speed not to look like a nutcase and I'm already having to slalom round you people.

How is it possible to walk this slow!

Then you hit a busy road crossing and they catch up with you and you look like an idiot.

I'm not trying to beat you to VP I swear. I'm not in a rush. I'm not trying to get there fast. This is my natural walking pace!!!

They usually manage to spread themselves out to block the entire hallway or sidewalk (pavement?) so you can't get by.  Even more annoying is when you're approaching each other from opposite directions and they're walking 2 or 3 abreast and none of them drops back behind the other to leave room for you to get by.   Like they think it's temporarily a one-way path in their direction and you're SOL.  I used to step aside, give them a dirty look and curse them under my breath.   Now I just keep going and if they don't make space I just stop and make them go around.   They're usually just oblivious, not a**holes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Being bombarded with WhatsApp messages from people. Today, it's someone called Rachel. Wish she'd let up on the messages as they're constant.

:trollface:

She's been messaging me, too.  She's playing us, mate!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

She's been messaging me, too.  She's playing us, mate!

She's spinning more plates than coco the clown! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

"I'll reply to that in a minute"

"Oh, I forgot about that, just let me finish this..."

"Well, it's been far too long, it'd be awkward to message back now, best to just never speak to them again"

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Christmas cards.

I hate any cards generally because I think it’s a waste of money but Christmas is the worst because you have to buy for everybody in every combination.  It’s just a waste of money and that’s just started for me as I’ve only just done the immediate family so far.

I’d rather just spend that money on another decent present for somebody and I’ll send a text message or email to people wishing them Happy Christmas instead but apparently that isn’t in the Christmas spirit! 

I used to send loads.

Now I just get one - for my parents. 

• Like 1

Â