Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The people who get pissed off with me for NOT telling them what I want for Xmas.

TBH there's nothing I want really, but surprises are nice. The things I really want I just buy.

Are you my wife? :?

No, but I know what you mean.

The difference is - I really wouldn't care if I got nothing, and equally, I'm quite happy to get something that I'm not too excited about - socks, etc. That isn't what Xmas is about for me (it's really about Jesus' love for the world - no, just kidding).

Whereas my missus drops some subtle-to-the-point-of-me-completely-missing-it hint about some arcane female product (in about September) and then is clearly disappointed when I buy her a book that I want to read instead.

Tsk, women. Can't live with 'em, can't get 'em to dress up in Nazi uniforms.

I'm like you MIke, I wouldn't really mind if I got nothing.

It's nice to get stuff. But for my last birthday my sisters got me nothing and my parents got me a jumper, and not a very nice one. And that was it.

But if people are going to buy me birthday and xmas presents, why not get me somethign I want? So I make a list of stuff that's out (DVDs, books, CDs etc) that I would like. If someone wants to buy me something then there's a list of stuff I'd be more than happy with.

If you want to get me something els,e that's fine too.

But whenever I tell this to people I get a weird response like "You make a christmas list, that's a bit spoilt isn't it?"

Yes! Christmas politics, FTL.

One of my brothers asked me what I wanted for Christmas the other day, so I said 'M&S Vouchers would be lovely.' He said, 'Oh, that's a bit boring isn't it?' What?!

Umm, ok, shall I ask for a gnome that shoots a firework out of it's arse?! I don't want it, but it would probably be excitment worthy enough for you to want to buy it for me.

Madness!

But why are vouchers 'meh'?

It's a bit mad to ask someone what they want and then not like their suggestion. It's what THEY want. You got the answer to the question you asked.

It's perhaps boring to buy a voucher if you haven't asked what they want and it becomes some kind of easy cop out, I understand that. But to be specifically asked what you want, give the answer and it be implied that what you want isn't exciting enough to warrant buying it as a present is so weird.

Veggies at work moaning about there not being enough choice for them on the christmas menu at the party this year. There's only one option for each course but I think that's more than enough. I really do have a lot of respect for Vegetarians, but surely not having a lot of choice on menus and having to 'plan' your meals is part and parcel of being a veggie

Maybe I'm wrong, I usually am :notsure:

Vouchers piss me off. They sit folded in my wallet until about March then I buy something spaccy like an FHM and a pic 'n' mix.

I just give them to someone who wants them.

As for christmas presents on the whole, I haven't asked for anything in years, so I just say 'use your imagination', which usually stumps people because they buy shit out of obligation rather than actually wanting to buy you anything.

As for christmas presents on the whole, I haven't asked for anything in years, so I just say 'use your imagination', which usually stumps people because they buy shit out of obligation rather than actually wanting to buy you anything.

Christ, really? :shock:

That superfluous "e" on the end of "L.A. Noir(e)". :angry:

I still think that was done intentionally.

If that annoys you, you should try working in a shop where people are entirely likely to ask you for 'L.A. Newer', 'L.A. Neuer' or 'L.A. Nor'.

See also:

Deus Ex - 'Dire Sex' 'Dyas Sex' 'Deuce Ex' 'Das Ex'

Grand Theft Auto IV, or GTA4 - GTA Eye Vee

:D

Anywho, its that time of year again so... **** John Lewis ad. Piss me off no end. That this one supposedly makes people cry garners it extra ire.

Â