Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

People who message you then instantly disappear. Don't **** message me if you're not going to stick around.

Are your acquaintances ghosting you?

Edited by brommy

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My 40th was a party in my house (it did go on all weekend though).

party40.jpeg

You got Michael Fish for your 40th birthday party?! Wild.

• Like 2

When it's been sunny all day, seeing blue skies outside all day whilst doing DIY stuff indoors... 

Move the gear into the garden, sun lounger, table, drinks.... Food... Throw off the £2.99 screw fix painters overalls, don the shorts, t shirt..... 

Realise it's dark, look up and the entire sky is cloud probably for the first time today ... Boll----. Trousers and jumper on. And sit out thinking "meh" as the kids say. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Being forced to go to a metal festival next week. A stag weekend, scanned the lineup at a push I will enjoy Aerosmith. 

Blind drunk is the answer, went to reading for a stag do a few years back it was brilliant, think I fell asleep stood up at one point and missed the Maccabees, Jamie t and Kendrick Lamar 

not really a massive festival fan but the music really is only a small part of it

Done so many festivals over the year, including download twice, was actually at one last week but with the music I like I find it all a bit tedious when I am never likely to hear any country music. 

6 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

People who message you then instantly disappear. Don't **** message me if you're not going to stick around.

I have a colleague at work who does this via IM. 

'Can I ask you a question?'

'yeh no worries'

*radio silence*

Winds me up no end. 

42 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I wonder if there's a country-metal hybrid band out there.

Metallica in the 'Load' period?

Hell one of the best songs from that era had Hetfield on an acoustic guitar doing a ballad about his mother.

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

My experience of stag weekends. Friday night you go out for a few drinks, everyone is up for it and a good time is had by all. Saturday you do your standard go karting or paintball,whatever takes your fancy....and a good time is had by all. Now here comes the Saturday night and that is the problem. Everyone is still hanging from last night, and the exertion of a Saturday that involved more than watching Soccer Saturday and having a 5 pm nap has took it's toll...plus we aren't 19 anymore. Anways, everyone has to go through this massive charade that they are well up for another night on the piss. In reality, you just want to go for a meal and have a good old kip.

You go to shit stag weekends

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Things that piss me off.. 

Whatever THAT was with the champions League final and the Black Eyed Peas. I may be an old git or an older got than I should be for my years, but that was cringing I had to turn over. To lay on something like that doesn't get the crowd going, nor is it a treat. Most likely sends half the crowd back in to cram another pint in until the atrocity is over , maybe that's their plan. 

But my point, stuff like that. The pazazz or whatever it's called. It's not the Super Bowl at half time. Nor the olympics opening ceremony which are always cringeworthy. As are the opening ceremonies to the World Cup or Euro Champs. Yeah throw that in too. All it does is gets performing arts graduates off the dole for two weeks while they practice their moves and do it on the big day, until people like me switch on and think what the Jesus f--- is this sh-- and turn over. 

Whats with all this performance crap. Yeah I'm showing my age and sorry, if you like those Black Eyed Peas but I couldn't stomach that. I'll throw that and all the stuff above in this thread. I don't even like marching band music, but what's wrong with that, just let the players warm up, clear the pitch, and none of that crap and I'll be happy. Or some cheerleaders, now we're talking, or if that's sexist, let the players train, while the cheerleaders do their thing, that way men and women are entertained similarly. Anyway never mind, I'm not sure even who likes that sort of build up that was on just. I'll shut up now. 

You should live here mate, we had our own half time analysis team with a very sexy host. You got shafted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You should live here mate, we had our own half time analysis team with a very sexy host. You got shafted. 

Was a bad day in the end as I wanted Juve to win. So, had the Black Eyed Peas wreck it before it started then Ronaldo doubley wrecks it. After that I'm glad the seasons over. 

Someone will probably start a thread on the London terrorist attack that's happened tonight. But in relevance to this thread....

that innocent people are opportunistically murdered in the name or religious ideology. Yes , I know "our" military interventions have claimed the lives of innocents but I'm genuinely sorry and remorseful that those things happen. But what I'm just reading on the news now is just sick. RIP to the victims. 

What the f is wrong with the world. And I'm sorry , I don't want this to seem racist it's not meant to be, but these homegrown scumbags, if they hate our country and our people so much then why the f live here hating us waiting for the time to take some retribution against "us".... whatthe f. That Ariana grand concert too. I never posted about that but what the f. 

Women children. And again tonight. As said yes , I know us westerners have engaged in some stuff that certain groups would claim as unnecessary but we have a problem in the uk. I don't mean to single out rugeley villa here but he's made comments in the past that have been jumped on. Some of what he said many months ago reigns true. 

Its plain sick. I'm not racist. I'm not finished hating certain white peoplenever mind anyone else. But what the fk I'm reading some sick stuff about tonight and WE HAVE A PROBLEM HERE WITH CERTAIN PEOPLE LIVING AMONGST US. 

we cant rely on the intelligence community to keep stopping "plots". Why isn't more being done on a local level when these scumbags vocalise their hatred for the west and for us. 

Sorry I genuinely don't want to come across as racist and this post is in no way is racist. But awake at 2am reading this and fk me what is wrong with this country. Why do people live amongst us who clearly hate our "ideals" if we have any at all and have the will to kill like this. 

I have lived through the times of the IRA for f sake but things have evolved for the worse. Cutting people's throats in the street (ALLEGEDLY) and so forth what the fk. 

Angry here sorry. And again don't want any reports of racism I haven't been. Sick motherfu---- I hope you burn in hell you c----. 

And if this IS in the name of Allah as reported by these bad---- who have misinterpreted their religion, then quite simply does God not authorise the killing of anyone ? I don't get it. I don't want to allege these guys are Islamic because that generalises islam. I know several Islamic people who I know right now would be condemning this, if they were awake. 

What an absolute bunch of cu/// whoever they are and Rip to victims what the f. F you all you hating scumbags just F off to another country if you hate it here so much. Again. It racist I don't care if you're from Birmingham , London or Edinburgh of you're white green purple or any colour. 

For random example. I wouldn't move to Country X then hate on their culture , I chose to live there. I'm in the minorrty then and respect differences. I won't get the urge to radicalise and kill people who disagree with my theological belief. 

Man this country is in trouble. I'm a public sector worker, not in intelligence, but fk me hey cantbe relied on they're working their asses off already. Shit like this gets through the net and innocent people die. W t f. F you all you terrorist motherf--//// your god hates you and here you are acting in his name. Islam means peace doesn't it, by its very definition. And here you are going against it you f--//// c---// f--/ you. 

Burn in hell motherf////

and rest in peace to all innocents. 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My 40th was a party in my house (it did go on all weekend though).

The Awesome Photoshop skills required to add colour to a black and white photograph should be spoken about.  Looking at the "After" photo you have so kindly shared with us now has has a, & I think we will agree on this, a healthy 20th century feel to it, subtle but utterly brilliant.

We all know to our cost that It can be very tricky achieve a good result depending on the age of the source material at hand but I think the genius that completed this piece of work nailed it with no apparent saturation or bleeding of colours visible to the naked eye with a more vibrant feel to the whole exhibit. A triumph granddad.  :P

• Like 2

On 03/06/2017 at 08:10, Seat68 said:

Being forced to go to a metal festival next week. A stag weekend, scanned the lineup at a push I will enjoy Aerosmith. 

I'm not overly keen on festivals these days. The big ones are too overpriced and I just don't enjoy roughing it anymore. Went download last year and by the time sabbath came on I was ready to go home as I was a bit worse for wear and soaked to the bone. I think the lineup is shit this year but majority of metal is shit anyway. The women are nice though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sam Stosur!

Seems to have the same physique as Ronaldo!

In terms of women's tennis, Margaret Court seems to be going full on crazy in the last few days! 

Â