Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I couldn't think of anything worse than a fancy dress party

I can,

Mr PieFacE is trying to sort out the limited leg space in a bath with Dianne Abbot whilst you are wearing a John Wayne fancy dress cowboy hat ? If you look to your right you can see a list of subjects she wants to discuss with you written on the tiles in lipstick starting with the mathematics behind some of the social inclusion policies that she has fully costed and wants you to know this in depth,  don't worry she will keep topping the hot water up for you so you don't get all cold and shivery.  You won't becasue you have a nice hat on remember.

Dunno Pie,  standing around someones house with a red body warmer on (Back to the Future or similar) for a few hours whilst sipping a cold one or the above ? :D

Sleep well.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Mr PieFacE is trying to sort out the limited leg space in a bath with Dianne Abbot whilst you are wearing a John Wayne fancy dress cowboy hat ? If you look to your right you can see a list of subjects she wants to discuss with you written on the tiles in lipstick starting with the mathematics behind some of the social inclusion policies that she has fully costed and wants you to know this in depth,  don't worry she will keep topping the hot water up for you so you don't get all cold and shivery.  You won't becasue you have a nice hat on remember.

Dunno Pie,  standing around someones house with a red body warmer on (Back to the Future or similar) for a few hours whilst sipping a cold one or the above ? :D

Sleep well.

Ha, well when you put it like that :lol:  .... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

What you doing up in this neck of the woods? 

was on a Groupon stay at Monk Fryston hall so took a drive to Whitby. Not only was the traffic shite, Whitby was surprisingly rammed full of Blackpool -types. Not what I expected.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

But mainly what pisses me off is the OH's complete lack of imagination. Immediately I was like "We're going as Leelo and Corben Dallas". She said nobody would know who they are so no.

The obvious question to be asked here is would there have been a multi-pass? If not the costume would have been a complete fail and you have been saved much embarrassment.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

was on a Groupon stay at Monk Fryston hall so took a drive to Whitby. Not only was the traffic shite, Whitby was surprisingly rammed full of Blackpool -types. Not what I expected.

Whitby's a funny mix of the really nice and the ghastly. On balance, I like it though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Whitby's a funny mix of the really nice and the ghastly. On balance, I like it though. 

Yeah, the boat trip was cool, and Harry's bar had Goose Island so it wasn't all bad. I even played "spot the camel toe".

Also attempted to do Robin Hood bay - no where to **** park! Full of bastard tourists because it was sunny!

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I even played "spot the camel toe".

Yeah because you don't play that every time you leave the house any way :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This one is two fold

The other half and I have been invited to a movie themed fancy dress party. Some people's worst nightmare. not mine. I would love that.

However, I'm on a stag do so I'll have to miss it. That's number one.

But mainly what pisses me off is the OH's complete lack of imagination. Immediately I was like "We're going as Leelo and Corben Dallas". She said nobody would know who they are so no.

Now that she's going on her own, I've been giving her loads of ideas:

Ripley from Alien
The Bride from Kill Bill
Sarah Connor from Terminator (I even suggested changing halfway through the night to go from Terminator to T2)
Princess Leia (cliché but... you know)
Jennifer from back to the Future (again this would have worked better with me as Marty)

She doesn't like any of them. She's thinking of going as Elsa from Frozen or Snow White

**** off

Wonder Woman

It's topical at the moment. 

41 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction. Wig, white shirt, black trousers. Done. 

Needle sticking out of chest optional.

Great one

I hate fancy dress, so much so I can't remember the last time I went to one. But if I was to go to such an event.... I would be Neo and  I would make the Mrs go as Trinity. 

Black suit, white shirt and black tie = my boring fancy dress costume.

Add sunglasses? Men In Black, or James Bond

Add a trilby? Rat Pack member.

Yes, I know, no imagination! 

• Like 1

Â