Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, sne said:

It being 50.℉ warm in mid December in Sweden.

I usually hate winter, but my fridge broke during the night and now all my food is being ruined because I can't even put it out on the balcony to chill.

Its very mild here as well. For me, makes it feel less festive. 

I think its more or less industry standard in my line of work but I see what you mean. I used to be able to access it, but a new policy was introduced a few years back and it is now a lot stricter. It must be down to the highly sensitive and confidential information I have access to on my works laptop and by stopping access to forums/blogs/newsgroups, it lessens the chance of information being leaked?

Some of the staff in my building aren't even allowed personal mobiles or to even take a bag onto the floor. Any personal possessions have to be in a clear bag, a bit like airport security! 

Youtubers who manage to earn a fortune by posting shitty videos. Like PewDiePie earning £12m last year. WTF?

Yes, pure jealously! 

• Like 1

It is what it is but like a lot of things in life at the moment like Geordie shore and big brother etc I think they represent a really dangerous warped sense of reality for yoof in this country

"what do you want to be when you're older?"

"I want to get paid £12m a year to talk over computer games"

there seems to be an ever increasing number of people doing **** all and earning ludicrous sums of money and celebrated whilst at the same time people are vilifying high earners without any interest as to how they earn that money

• Like 1

Went out last night, knew it would be a late one so started on M&B Mild, next thing I know its 10.30, feel quite sober and carry on with Jamesons for the rest of the night, left it too late came home and felt relatively sober.

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It is what it is but like a lot of things in life at the moment like Geordie shore and big brother etc I think they represent a really dangerous warped sense of reality for yoof in this country

"what do you want to be when you're older?"

"I want to get paid £12m a year to talk over computer games"

there seems to be an ever increasing number of people doing **** all and earning ludicrous sums of money and celebrated whilst at the same time people are vilifying high earners without any interest as to how they earn that money

I think there's a huge distinction between the shitty 'reality' shows like TOWIE and Geordie Shore and YouTube personalities. 

The reality shows only hire so-called good-looking people who are so shallow and often thick as **** to play out their scripted bullshit and it's no surprise kids will see this and think it's a great way to make a fast buck. All they have to do is completely give up their dignity. I hate that shit and regardless of what the people I know who watch this crap say about how they do so in order to laugh at how stupid they all are, it's warping our culture.

The majority of successful YouTube personalities, however, at least have some discernible talent and do work hard. I actually quite enjoy some of PewDiePie's content; some is genuinely funny like his playthroughs of scary games and some is fairly poignant. He also comes across as quite humble and he knows the fans got him to where he is. He's also donated a lot to charity and done a lot of work with the WWF.

I think people think making successful YouTube videos week-in-week-out is a lot easier than it actually is. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Youtubers who manage to earn a fortune by posting shitty videos. Like PewDiePie earning £12m last year. WTF?

Yes, pure jealously! 

I have no idea who that is but they sound like a total word removed :lol:

Rock and roll singers like this Elvis chap, making loads of money and getting famous for doing next to nothing.

He can't sing properly, the songs are rubbish, the lyrics are pathetic and often suggestive. It's far too loud to properly listen to. His entire act appears to be based around having greasy hair and girating hips.

Absolute rubbish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Rock and roll singers like this Elvis chap, making loads of money and getting famous for doing next to nothing.

He can't sing properly, the songs are rubbish, the lyrics are pathetic and often suggestive. It's far too loud to properly listen to. His entire act appears to be based around having greasy hair and girating hips.

Absolute rubbish.

Totally agree. Not ironically, either. 

• Like 2

Probably not really the right place, but what the heck. I have a ticket for the game today, I have a train ticket to get there. And I've got the lurgie. So I'm sitting here drinking Lemsips and sniffling and coughing.

7 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I'm doing a mechanical engineering degree. 9 times out of 10 when I tell someone they'll say "oh so you're studying cars and stuff?".

:bang:

Not cars? Oh so you're studying motorbikes and stuff then?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chindie said:

Getting an email at 4.55 on a Friday that has prompted a Saturday morning and early afternoon of scrambling back through emails and recalled events from months ago I now can't take my mind of.

Anyone who sends an urgent email requesting info on a Friday afternoon deserves to be horsewhipped

• Like 2

Just now, Xela said:

Anyone who sends an urgent email ...... deserves to be horsewhipped

e-mails cannot be urgent, telephones and standing face to face are for urgent

anything 'urgent' that is sent by e-mail deserves to be ignored, not least, when sent late in the day for maximum drama queenage

Pet hate of mine, the 'urgent' email, I particularly enjoy it when they've been sent with a little red exclamation mark. What is this? A business thing or some **** snaptwatter swap of emoji's?

Though in fairness, I do find that most urgent e-mails are sent by kids in shiny suits matched with brown shoes. So their limited understanding of urgent usually equates to them having a box to fill in on an excel spreadsheet for their weekly report on what other people are actually doing. If such a thing is possible, I actively ignore these urgent mails. It brings out the Swanson in me. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

e-mails cannot be urgent, telephones and standing face to face are for urgent

anything 'urgent' that is sent by e-mail deserves to be ignored, not least, when sent late in the day for maximum drama queenage

Pet hate of mine, the 'urgent' email, I particularly enjoy it when they've been sent with a little red exclamation mark. What is this? A business thing or some **** snaptwatter swap of emoji's?

Though in fairness, I do find that most urgent e-mails are sent by kids in shiny suits matched with brown shoes. So their limited understanding of urgent usually equates to them having a box to fill in on an excel spreadsheet for their weekly report on what other people are actually doing. If such a thing is possible, I actively ignore these urgent mails. It brings out the Swanson in me. 

I think if the sender marks it as urgent/high importance it puts the red exclamation mark next to it... certainly is the case on Outlook and IBM Notes 

I had an urgent one come in yesterday at 4:15pm... I work in finance so nothing could/would happen until Monday anyway so I never opened it and for good measure, shut my Outlook down and then browsed flights on Skyscanner while eating far too many Quality Street instead until it was time to leave. 

• Like 4

Â