Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

@Designer1 Basically it's the Supernatural I believe in, ghosts just fall into that category.

The most recent 'experience' I had was 2 years ago. The little man got up at 3am for his feed (he was 7 weeks old) so I took him downstairs to change him and went into the kitchen to get his bottle ready. I had him with me. So we're in the kitchen at around 3:15am and for no reason at all I look to my left which is where the door to the living room is. Nothing in there but I just had this impulse to look. After about 5 or 6 seconds I shake it off and make the bottle. Get into work at 8am and my Dad comes in and tells me that my Nan had passed away in the night at 3:10am. To this day I think it was her that came to me when I was downstairs. The night after the toy that she brought Sam (a wind-up duck teddy that plays a lullaby) just started playing. The full song. It hadn't been touched in over a week and it was sitting on the other side of the room. Made me jump, but it was kind of nice.

Sounds like coincidence to me.

Ooooooo spooky coincidence...

:trollface:

For me there's a correlation with those who believe in religion too.  Putting something down to being otherworldly or supernatural just because you can't explain it rationally at this moment.  Quite mental.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

I a sceptic, but I'm quite worried by the idea that your loved ones are watching over you / visiting you when they die. I'd have to think my Nan was watching, while I was dressed as Batman, in a bath full of liver and onions, while rubbing my knob with sandpaper.

As was her Gran when she did the same.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I a sceptic, but I'm quite worried by the idea that your loved ones are watching over you / visiting you when they die. I'd hate to think my Nan was watching, while I was dressed as Batman, in a bath full of liver and onions, while rubbing my knob with sandpaper.

You'd think she'd have learned her lesson the first time she walked in on you doing that.

• Like 2

Ehh, yeah, the resemblances are uncanny.  I've never seen those before and I think they're lazy-ass modern shitehawk knockoffs (I know they're not actually knockoffs).  Why doesn't anyone create quality any more?

• Like 1

If people like them, fair enough. I ain't gonna tell people what to spend money on. What pisses me off is that they are Everywhere. The entire bottom floor of Belfast's Forbidden Planet is just those things. They have a sizeable section in HMV too. They may even be in Game. Those big-headed cutesy freaks just stare into my soul as I walk by shelves of dozens of them.

My children collect them.

Horrifically expensive for what is a very simple mass produced plastic toy. But then it should never be for adults to decide if a toy is any good or not. I've got to buy a couple more in the next couple of weeks. This will involve a visit to 'Forbidden Planet', which is always interesting.  

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

My children collect them.

Horrifically expensive for what is a very simple mass produced plastic toy. But then it should never be for adults to decide if a toy is any good or not. I've got to buy a couple more in the next couple of weeks. This will involve a visit to 'Forbidden Planet', which is always interesting.  

That's the thing though.  There are toys and there are collectables.  Now I know the 2 can cross over, but those yokes on the previous page look more like collectables.  Meaning we (adults) can criticise them for being shite :) 

I don't understand them either. I'm a fairly regular customer in Forbidden Planet and overnight seemingly an entire aisle of them appeared to dodge around. They even do weird exclusive versions which scrabble around to hold of.

Then again I collect ridiculous things so I guess I can't talk.

Â