Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

i don't think a football struck at the pace it was has its path affected by hitting a beach ball. it may have hit it instead of being kicked out the way but I swear the touch from Johnson is what takes it past the keeper!

There's not a great angle of it, it certainly looks like it hits the beachball to me though, it wouldn't bounce that way if it was Johnson's touch.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I genuinely don't like any of those. I can see that they have merit, but I really dislike their music. 

Wow,  that's a fairly eclectic mix of music styles right there. You must have a very narrow taste in music to not like ANY of them. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I genuinely don't like any of those. I can see that they have merit, but I really dislike their music. 

Well that's fair enough. I don't like The Beatles or pretty much anything from the 60s but I wouldn't argue that the 60s were a bad decade for music based on my preferences.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's not a great angle of it, it certainly looks like it hits the beachball to me though, it wouldn't bounce that way if it was Johnson's touch.

Yeah, it quite clearly hits the beach ball. The ball doesn't actually deviate that much, it was more Reina reacting to the beachball as opposed to the football that caused the confusion, hence why I said you can't say the beachball had nothing to do with it.

If you look at the angle from behind Bent, it must take a good 30-40 degree deflection, the flight of the ball changes completely.

It's 11pm, and I'm sat on the internet examining replays of a goal from 7 years ago. 

• Like 1

Also, if Johnson had made contact with the ball it wouldn't have gone in the direction it did.

The angle on the screenshot for that youtube video you posted is the best one. You can see the ball is past Johnson's foot without hitting it, and it's between Johnson and the ball.

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Nostalgia is not a bad thing. A lot of people like music/films/football etc from the era they were younger because it brings back great memories of perhaps the happiest times of their lives. 

The dismissal of the 80's pisses me right off. 

I turned 10 in 1980 and 20 in 1990 so it was a very formative decade for me. People always hone in on the tasteless selfish money making aspect just because Britain had finally dragged itself from the virtual self destruction of the 70'S and become a modern nation. I sat in the dark with no electricity for night after nights in the 70's. Today people would think that is something that only happens in the third world.

Also i totally believe that today people are more selfish and money centric the celebrity obsession is obscene. Never heard of a WAG in the 80's

And don't start me on the rubbish music argument. I bet you will see more bands who were big in the 80's still touring this year than 90's bands and I fear for the current and naughties generation as its hard to see who they will even begin to get nostalgic about with just reams and reams of generic dance orientated music acts churning out variations of the same. Imagine trying to get nostalgic about 80's music if the only music that existed was stock aitken and waterman

That said I have a real love for 50's rock and roll probably from listening to my parents music. Me and the Mrs often have a bit of a jive if we are anywhere it plays. I have a love of 60's music especially Bowie. 70's is a bit more dodgy. Prefer early stuff ann it all went weird in the middle. Never has a musical form ever needed to be invented more that punk was needed. I own lots of 90's music and love things like Arctic Monkeys Kasabian the Vaccines etc so I am not stuck in the past and hating all things modern

It just pisses me off that the 80's seems to get a worse rap than any other decade and feel there are good and bad things about all time periods. The 80's was no worse than any lthers

To the guy who said everyone in the past was more racist there seems to be an awful lot more religious and racial tensions around the world right now

I also remember watching a TV show recently looking at old TV which was deemed in poor taste. They picked up on some 70's ad which was very sexist and the modern day commentator was so disparaging about the old fashioned saddos and thank God we have moved on

Immediately after this it cut to the add break which featured an advert featuring a young woman dressed just in her underwear pretending to have an orgasm whilst writhing over the bonnet of a car. Made the 70's add which the modern world had moved on from look very tame in comparison 

• Like 2

Every single shite variation of the football chant sang to the tune of Achy Breaky Heart. Please make it stop.

Yes! Where has this come from? I didn't notice any until ours and now it seems every single club has a version.

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yes! Where has this come from? I didn't notice any until ours and now it seems every single club has a version.

I think cardiff started it with their version....don't sack mackay, malky mackay...a couple of years ago. Thats still the best version ive heard. Clips on utube singing it at villa park

Sales-ey emails where the sender puts "Re:" at the start of the subject line, trying to imply that it's an ongoing chain of emails that you've been party to.

Oh and sales-ey emails that start with "further to our previous discussion" when we've never interacted before.

Recruiters are the worst for this. Twunts!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Wow,  that's a fairly eclectic mix of music styles right there. You must have a very narrow taste in music to not like ANY of them. 

Au contraire. Within the pre-1976 cutoff, I have a very wide taste in music. Classical from the baroque to the avant garde, jazz from Armstrong to Ornette Coleman, rock, soul, folk, blues, country, pop, all sorts. I just didn't enjoy any of the new directions that popular music took after punk. 

But I can see that younger people would react differently. 

Every single shite variation of the football chant sang to the tune of Achy Breaky Heart. Please make it stop.

Yes,

Gabby's version is:

"Don't eat that pie, that Chicken Balti pie, it winds us up you big fat clown, and cos you scoffed them pies, them Chicken Balti Pies, our beloved Villa has gone down!"

• Like 1

Sales-ey emails where the sender puts "Re:" at the start of the subject line, trying to imply that it's an ongoing chain of emails that you've been party to.

Oh and sales-ey emails that start with "further to our previous discussion" when we've never interacted before.

Recruiters are the worst for this. Twunts!

I get loads of these. I would happily set fire to the senders of them.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Having a Monday off work. I'm usually too busy to see Americans posting Game of Thrones spoilers all over the place. Dickheads.

I've pretty much managed to contain spoilers to John Snurrrrrrr and I don't care about that character anyway, so no big deal. 

But I hate when I load VT and someone has written something spoilering it on the taskbar at the right. 

19 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

the taskbar doesn't take the spoiler tag into account, for some reason.

I've raised this issue in the Sit Issues forum. I'd happily see the sidebar removed. it's pointless, imo.

Got the stats for work back today.

Average person does 8 emails and 17 calls/emails total a day.

I did 45 emails and 54 total.

Not because I worked harder, but because I get left on the late shift when everyone **** off home and leaves me to do the work.

So irritating.

Â