Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Getting fined £400 quid for not putting my Mrs car on SORN. Frack me, its not as though I was driving it on the road.

You see some bloody chav get pulled for driving without insurance and they get a £100 fine, Grrrrrrr!

Me? Some geek spots me on the database and sends me a Court letter after 3 weeks of the car being left on my drive uninsured an they mug me off. A little birdie tells me DVLA are skint that's why they now do this. To many cars with cheap or zero TAX, losing DVLA millions.

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Getting fined £400 quid for not putting my Mrs car on SORN. Frack me, its not as though I was driving it on the road.

You see some bloody chav get pulled for driving without insurance and they get a £100 fine, Grrrrrrr!

Me? Some geek spots me on the database and sends me a Court letter after 3 weeks of the car being left on my drive uninsured an they mug me off. A little birdie tells me DVLA are skint that's why they now do this. To many cars with cheap or zero TAX, losing DVLA millions.

I thought if its on private property (ie your land) then it doesn't need to be taxed or insured? I may have made that up but that's what I've always assumed? 

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

I thought if its on private property (ie your land) then it doesn't need to be taxed or insured? I may have made that up but that's what I've always assumed? 

correct, doesn't need to be taxed or insured.....but you do need to notify DVLA of that via SORN statutory off road notification

I fell foul of that when it first came in and I was holding a few scraps of cars for the engines and number plates. I wrote them a proper long rant saying it was soooo unfair but they were big brother so I was sure I'd have to pay up or do porridge. I had a letter back saying fine had been binned but don't do it again!

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

correct, doesn't need to be taxed or insured.....but you do need to notify DVLA of that via SORN statutory off road notification

I fell foul of that when it first came in and I was a pikey I wrote them a proper long rant saying it was soooo unfair but they were big brother so I was sure I'd have to pay up or do porridge. I had a letter back saying fine had been binned but don't do it again!

Fixed. 

• Like 2

I never thought the sorn thing would last long because I couldn't see how it could possibly be lawful to fine someone that much for an arbitrary requirement from the dvla that you tell them something. The infringement would be using the vehicle on the road, they should have no legal right over it if you don't break the law in that way. I always assumed that at some point, someone would take it to a European court and the requirement would get laughed back to Cardiff.

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I never thought the sorn thing would last long because I couldn't see how it could possibly be lawful to fine someone that much for an arbitrary requirement from the dvla that you tell them something. The infringement would be using the vehicle on the road, they should have no legal right over it if you don't break the law in that way. I always assumed that at some point, someone would take it to a European court and the requirement would get laughed back to Cardiff.

Swansea.

But they make the same noises so close enough ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Xela said:

"Will you sponsor me for 'Dryathlon'?"

No! Donate the money you save from not drinking to charity direct yourself. Run a marathon or abseil down Canary Wharf, fine, I'll donate, but not getting pissed for a month is hardly a donation worthy achievement. 

Yes, I know its for charity and every donation is good but you get the point 

Yes. And in associated news people who do a sponsored "something I do anyway in my spare time like riding between 2 cities or running 50 miles"

If it's something you enjoy doing and do anyway then you've missed the point.

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Whether its lawful or not, I got fined, an it went to court in my absence, I got a £395 quid fine. My thoughts were, I could be fined for having no insurance, an on the road, but not fined for not telling them I have no insurance. The latter I was fined for, which as you say surely is unlawful. 

My name was just taken from a database. I, or my car was not seen on or off the road. As it was, the car was on my driveway unused, while my partner was bringing up our new baby. an not driving

I explained this in a letter which was duly ignored obviously, pissed is a understatement. If anyone knows if I could challenge this please let me know. But it must be lawful, as it went to court.

The problem, as always, is whether it's worth the legal expense to challenge it high enough. You tend to find with these things that people with money tend to be the only ones with the money to do it.

Another mention for the 'On Topic' section on here.  There's probably a rule against calling people thick as shit on there but it's hard to think of anything else for them.  'Going after Loic Remy, what's the point?', Jesus Christ.  

Also I saw on the news that there are now such thing as 'digital honeytrappers' that you pay to set up false Facebook accounts to try and see if your partner is willing to cheat on you with them.  Piss off!

Plus it's windy outside, I **** hate it when it's windy.

Went to McDonald's (Drive Through) last week, had 2 apple pies but we're actually festive mince pies inside the apple pie packet so got binned as nobody likes them.

Rang them up to let them know and the bloke says they will email a voucher as an apology... no email ever came. 

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

Went to McDonald's (Drive Through) last week, had 2 apple pies but we're actually festive mince pies inside the apple pie packet so got binned as nobody likes them.

Rang them up to let them know and the bloke says they will email a voucher as an apology... no email ever came. 

Their milkshake machine never works. Doesn't matter which Maccy D's, its the same answer wherever you go

- The word 'holistic' being used to make things sound better than they are.

- Calling bartenders 'mixologists'

- People who forget to put their lights on when they drive at night

- The word removed who decided each storm should have a name. Storm 'Frank' now. Piss off. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

Â