Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Work colleagues, work events. Anywhere where regulated fun is King.

Work's events day today, so I must take part, I must dress up, I must be dye in my hair, I must adhere to the theme.

No, I am not comfortable with it. Fair enough one would think?

No, they must push you and push you, t hey must make you feel like a complete word removed...because **** what you want to do. Regulated fun is to be had today.

No, **** off.

Sounds awfully like harrassment and bullying to me :)

Speaking of utter utter words removed - those IS bastards have gone into the beautiful ancient city of Palmyra, beheaded the 81 year old archaeologist who looked after it and refused to leave, and are now systematically destroying the place. Loathsome shits, the lot of them.

I met him when I went there , it's such a shame what these people are doing ...those rocket polishers need to be removed from the face of the earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC5iP2LFsM0

Work's events day today, so I must take part, I must dress up, I must be dye in my hair, I must adhere to the theme.

No, they must push you and push you, t hey must make you feel like a complete word removed...because **** what you want to do. Regulated fun is to be had today.

No, **** off.

Thank **** I'm out of it now, but I always dug my heels in and refused to take part in that shit. I even became notorious for sending round emails ripping the piss out of every event. My missus was much the same with her employers. You get paid to do the job, end of.

Work's events day today, so I must take part, I must dress up, I must be dye in my hair, I must adhere to the theme.

No, they must push you and push you, t hey must make you feel like a complete word removed...because **** what you want to do. Regulated fun is to be had today.

No, **** off.

Thank **** I'm out of it now, but I always dug my heels in and refused to take part in that shit. I even became notorious for sending round emails ripping the piss out of every event. My missus was much the same with her employers. You get paid to do the job, end of.

I am kind of away from the main office, thankfully, it means the team I am in get avoided, we do have a grumpy reputation so this helps too.

• Like 1

No, **** off.

I am kind of away from the main office, thankfully, it means the team I am in get avoided, we do have a grumpy reputation so this helps too.
Another one here, simply reply to each invite with 'I don't do work socials', people soon leave you alone [emoji106]

Another one lucky enough to have the age, experience and reputation to be able to say 'no thanks' to compulsory social events.

I think it was the third event in a row where I couldn't go because me uncle Fernando died that they began to work it out.

We don't have them that often anymore due to budget cuts but we used to have team building offsites, which were compulsory. My idea of hell. Forced fun as it has been called before. One of them was a full 'Its a Knock Out!' including all the original outfits from the TV show and was even compered by Stuart Hall, back in the days before he was convicted of bumming schoolgirls. 

Mate of mine went one of those team building force fun things recently.  One of those 'zombie apocalypse in a supermarket' things.  Admittedly one of the better ideas.  One particularly nimble zombie managed to evade my mate's shield and spin him to the ground, breaking his leg in the process.  Cue 6 weeks on crutches.  Brilliant.

Speaking of utter utter words removed - those IS bastards have gone into the beautiful ancient city of Palmyra, beheaded the 81 year old archaeologist who looked after it and refused to leave, and are now systematically destroying the place. Loathsome shits, the lot of them.

I met him when I went there , it's such a shame what these people are doing ...those rocket polishers need to be removed from the face of the earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC5iP2LFsM0

Wow. That genuinely was so stupid it hurt. 

EDIT: Surely if you're going to be a warmongering moron, you need to have a rather more credible name than 'Judge Jeanine'?

Edited by HanoiVillan

Presumably selfie sticks have already had a mention in here ?

Went to a Genocide museum yesterday in Yerevan outside there is a monument with internal flame for the 1.5m Armenians who died in a largely ignored Genocide

All very somber stuff , the locals go there and lay flowers , shed a little tear and whilst this is going on two flip flop wearing back packers rock up and wave their selfie stick in the air and take a photo of themselves posing in front of it ... Classy

• Like 1

On a similar theme, there was an Instagram photo floating around Twitter a couple of months ago of a girl at Auschwitz with hashtags including 'beautiful' 'best day' and 'chill'.

When I was in the war museum in Ho Chi Minh City I was angered by a couple of American tourists who were making light of many of the displays, walking around loudly joking and laughing. Clearings in the woods.

Living in Turkey...I don't know what genocide you're on about.

The Young Turks did acknowledge it from what I could establish but then they didn't last long and so back to it didn't happen .... The trouble Turkey has is that most of its "hero's" we're involved so to admit it it's almost impossible for Turkey .....The Armenians sent their own revenger squads out and killed a lot of the ring leaders though which I wasn't aware of previously

Living in Turkey...I don't know what genocide you're on about.

The Young Turks did acknowledge it from what I could establish but then they didn't last long and so back to it didn't happen .... The trouble Turkey has is that most of its "hero's" we're involved so to admit it it's almost impossible for Turkey .....The Armenians sent their own revenger squads out and killed a lot of the ring leaders though which I wasn't aware of previously
The Genç Türkler are a dangerous bunch actually. As are the Grey Wolves aligned with the MHP party (think UKIP BNP and EDL as a genuine opposition party). The level of accepted racism and hate of non-Turks is pretty scary here. To call someone an Armenian dog is something Erdoğan has even used in parliament when attacking the opposition.

Â