Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People in general

Today, suspicious package found at Luton. Controlled explosion carried out. Was probably nothing but you can never be too careful. Reaction from people who had a delay:

"Natalie Pinder, from Stevenage, was turned away from the airport.

"We have four children and are due to fly out at 18:20 to Ibiza," she said. "I'm not happy as I can't even get through to EasyJet. We're back at home waiting for news."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-29111954

What do you want love? The chance of your children blown up? Yes its an inconvenience but deal with it

I saw one of these behind the scenes at an airport shows (like "airport" but not that specific one) set in britain. One episode occurred during the 9/11 attacks.

So all flights worldwide were grounded. Not the airports fault, not the airline's fault.

But the people in the airport were absolute words removed about it. Giving the staff absolute abuse for it.

It really annoyed me. And made me realise if i worked in an airport I'd end up punching everyone.

Airports and planes brings out the very worst in people. They don't know to behave when they are there.

From people not having their tickets and passports when they check in and they start scrabbling around for them in their bags, to people who are well over the allocated baggage allowance.. then to security and people acting surprised when their large liquid bottles get taken of them and that they have to remove belts etc. Flying is a chore for me now, I used to like it! 

People in general

Today, suspicious package found at Luton. Controlled explosion carried out. Was probably nothing but you can never be too careful. Reaction from people who had a delay:

"We have four children and are due to fly out at 18:20 to Ibiza," she said. "I'm not happy as I can't even get through to EasyJet. We're back at home waiting for news."

What do you want love? The chance of your children blown up? Yes its an inconvenience but deal with it

I saw one of these behind the scenes at an airport shows (like "airport" but not that specific one) set in britain. One episode occurred during the 9/11 attacks.

So all flights worldwide were grounded. Not the airports fault, not the airline's fault.

But the people in the airport were absolute words removed about it. Giving the staff absolute abuse for it.

It really annoyed me. And made me realise if i worked in an airport I'd end up punching everyone.

Airports and planes brings out the very worst in people. They don't know to behave when they are there.

From people not having their tickets and passports when they check in and they start scrabbling around for them in their bags, to people who are well over the allocated baggage allowance.. then to security and people acting surprised when their large liquid bottles get taken of them and that they have to remove belts etc. Flying is a chore for me now, I used to like it! 

my proposal is simple

get to security and if you aren't ready ( i.e liquid buried in your bag , laptop in your suitcase , belt on  etc) then you get sent to the back of the queue and try again

3 strikes and you get the automatic rubber glove

• Like 2

People in general

Airports, restaurants, roads, supermarkets.

It's not the location, people are just words removed, regardless of what they're doing at the time.

• Like 1

After putting my ad up on Powerleague's Playermatch (which lets you explicitly list the times you're available i.e. on mine it's any evening except Wednesdays) (sorry Donnie), this is the phone call I just received:

"Hello?"

"It's James at Powerleague; can you play tonight?"

"Erm... what?  Um, no I can't sorry.  I can't do Wednesdays, but as it says on my ad I'm free every othe..."

"Alright bruv" *click*

And they say customer service is dead.

Talking of words removed on flights. On mine yesterday was a couple with a child. As we were taxiing to take off the stewardess did the cabin checks and found the child asleep but not buckled up. She politely told them to put the seatbelt on the child and the couple said they didn't want to wake it up to put the belt on. We were then treated to a rant about how inconsiderate the stewardess was being. She heard them out before telling them either buckle up or you will be getting off. They buckled up. 

Seriously. Whats the point in arguing. You're not going to win that one. And it could easily of escalated into getting them kicked off and 300 other people being delayed. 

Talking of words removed on flights. On mine yesterday was a couple with a child. As we were taxiing to take off the stewardess did the cabin checks and found the child asleep but not buckled up. She politely told them to put the seatbelt on the child and the couple said they didn't want to wake it up to put the belt on. We were then treated to a rant about how inconsiderate the stewardess was being. She heard them out before telling them either buckle up or you will be getting off. They buckled up. 

Seriously. Whats the point in arguing. You're not going to win that one. And it could easily of escalated into getting them kicked off and 300 other people being delayed. 

They'd be the first to complain to the airline if the plane hit turbulence on take off and their kid bumped their head because he wasn't strapped in.

Where does your definition of "older" begin...  :suspect:

One of the younger staff in this office is going on a 90's retro weekend with his mates.

That just came as a bit of a shock to somebody that still refers to Stone Roses album The Second Coming as 'their new album'.

• Like 4

My initial post was referring to pensioner types, however, the age when it becomes wrong is actually much lower. Maybe about 30.

pd2001995.jpg

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

My initial post was referring to pensioner types, however, the age when it becomes wrong is actually much lower. Maybe about 30.

yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

My snapbacks are valid for another 15 months

• Like 1

Â