Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Privatisation or not, Royal Mail are shite.

Yep.

Try changing your company's name with them.

3 months after filling their online form in (which we really don't have to do by law), they're still sending stuff under our old company name meaning they aren't getting paid and they're threatening to cut us off!

Still no where near as bad as VW UK. You wouldn't trust their cars to drive in a straight line such is the ineptitude of their head office.

No wonder paddypower is doing so well. He seems afraid to be a bookie, judging by his odds compared to other bookies. Doesn't like a gamble at all. It pisses me off that I've been using him for so long when he's one of, if not the worst odds givers in the industry.

Pinnacle, my dear friend

(at the moment, just looking at the Manchester derby, Arsenal/Wolves, and sha/Stoke (the first three games on the board), Pinnacle has more favorable odds than betfair (net of 5% commission) on all nine possible outcomes (and deeper liquidity, too, unless they've dramatically cut their limits on soccer since becoming a non-US-focused book... back in '06 they'd let you bet $5000 a pop with unlimited rebets on major matches))

I really f&^king hate Royal Mail PLEASE SOMEBODY PRIVATISE THEM SO THAT THEY DON'T GET AWAY WITH BEING SO F^&KING USELESS!!!
Yeah, just like privatisation made the railways and utility companies so **** fantastic. Not.

Privatisation isn't the way, it's de-monopolisation

Consider the conservative virtue-term “privatization,” which has two distinct, indeed opposed, meanings. On the one hand, it can mean returning some service or industry from the monopolistic government sector to the competitive private sector—getting government out of it; this would be the libertarian meaning. On the other hand, it can mean “contracting out,” i.e., granting to some private firm a monopoly privilege in the provision some service previously provided by government directly. There is nothing free-market about privatization in this latter sense, since the monopoly power is merely transferred from one set of hands to another; this is corporatism, or pro-business intervention, not laissez-faire. (To be sure, there may be competition in the bidding for such monopoly contracts, but competition to establish a legal monopoly is no more genuine market competition than voting—one last time—to establish a dictator is genuine democracy.)

Of these two meanings, the corporatist meaning may actually be older, dating back to fascist economic policies in Nazi Germany; but it was the libertarian meaning that was primarily intended when the term (coined independently, as the reverse of “nationalization”) first achieved widespread usage in recent decades. Yet conservatives have largely co-opted the term, turning it once again toward the corporatist sense.

Similar concerns apply to that other conservative virtue-term, “deregulation.” From a libertarian standpoint, deregulating should mean the removal of governmental directives and interventions from the sphere of voluntary exchange. But when a private entity is granted special governmental privileges, “deregulating” it amounts instead to an increase, not a decrease, in governmental intrusion into the economy. To take an example not exactly at random, if assurances of a tax-funded bailout lead banks to make riskier loans than they otherwise would, then the banks are being made freer to take risks with the money of unconsenting taxpayers. When conservatives advocate this kind of deregulation they are wrapping redistribution and privilege in the language of economic freedom.

The **** grasping bastards at Gillette. It's getting to the point where the cost of having a shave in the morning will to be too prohibitive and we'll all have to walk round looking like Rob. First of all they started adding all the extra blades, until we got to five, and it was about £9 for a pack of 4 replacement blades, which is more than they used to charge for 5. Now they've brought out some minor enhancement (ie probably made them last even less long) and put the price up and now sell in packs of three. Absolute robbing bastards.
They got it perfect with the original Mach 3, to the extent that adverts for subsequent Gillette products were trying to badmouth the Mach 3 because people (like me) were so loyal to it. You can pick up Mach 3 blades at markets for very little and it still gives me a perfect shave. Stop chasing the latest gimmick or as Mike put it "don't **** fall for it, then" :)

Mach 3 Turbo, for me (not the power version... I think the Turbo is the Mach 3 plus the microfins). $18.99 for 8 cartridges isn't terrible, IMO.

Gillette Blue Slalom Plus II - pack of 10 disposables - £2.30 at morrisons.

Never used anything else. The extra special gimmick razors are all a con.

Some are, some aren't. The mach 3 is the best shave out there imo (although I have mach 3 power, now THAT is a gimmick, but it's still essentially a mach3)

A mach 3 is an infinitely better shave than any disposable I've ever used.

Gillette Blue Slalom Plus II - pack of 10 disposables - £2.30 at morrisons.

Never used anything else. The extra special gimmick razors are all a con.

Some are, some aren't. The mach 3 is the best shave out there imo (although I have mach 3 power, now THAT is a gimmick, but it's still essentially a mach3)

A mach 3 is an infinitely better shave than any disposable I've ever used.

Yep a mach 3 has the right amount of blades for my skin. A fusion with 5 blades makes my face look like a mars scape.

Blades/Razors are horrendously priced in Turkey though.

Not being able to turn of shit music. When bored, just browsing through music channels on TV in hope of something half decent but then some absolutely shocking song is on...surely turn over? but no, it has to contain some really beautiful women which makes you just want to watch when really you want to just turn over because of the emberassment of having such a terrible song on.

People fixing blatantly obvious typos in a subsequent post/mail.

For example.

"Bought a nice sandwihc for lunch today"

followed by a new email saying nothing but "sandwich"

Gee thanks, cuz when I read "sandwihc" I thought you meant a **** doner kebab with fries :rolly thing:

You're probably like me in that you don't mind genuine typos so much, but you do mind where someone has put something that they genuinely think is right when it isn't.

Â