Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I must say Brum city centre is really improving.  People might not be able to mock it in a few years.

eating in the centre is getting even better, there seems to be about 5/6 interesting looking places opening up at the mailbox / bullring even broad street

that seems to be the focal point, the city got the forget london go to brum thing in the new york times and everyone is jumping on the food bit

So at 27 i'm coming to that age where, despite the apparent cessation of flow, one can no longer assume that business has been concluded at the urinal without a further period of patient observation. What the hell is that all about?

What are you dribbling on about?

• Like 2

Apparently the number of visitors and tourists are booming at a faster rate than anywhere else in the country.  I long to see the day that Brum is a sought after city.

This. Us 'proud to be from Birmingham'ers seem to be in the minority.

I accidentally ordered skinny jeans off ASOS once.

When they turned up I thought "**** it, I'll try them on anyway"

I couldn't get them past my calves.

Asos skinny is appallingly skinny, even their slim jeans are tighter than any skinny jeans i've tried in the past.

Hollister (an otherwise rubbish brand) do brilliant skinny jeans, for what it's worth.

Nah its not gonna happen. Years of rugby and now the gym mean my legs and arse are never gonna fit into skinny jeans

Gosh you're so manly...

I can squat 120kg and still get into skinnies. Perhaps I'm just about the perfect specimen?

Wasn't meant to come across as bragging.

I consider it a negative. I've got big legs and a big arse. I'd happily be able to fit into skinny jeans. I just can't.

Oh, and 120kg?

Do you even lift, bro?

• Like 1

Ice skating?

Has there ever been a more overrated activity?

Went with the missus at that Winter Wonderland thing in London yesterday. I'm alright at it. I can move fairly freely and turn and stuff, I just can't stop. Managed to not fall over.

But really, it's not fun is it? an hour of trying to avoid other people and not fall on your arse whilst the cheap skates that don't really fit slowly cripple you.

Great fun.

I'm a proud brummy. Born in Chesterfield, mind.

But I love the city. The sticky carpets in Snobs to the infrequent bus service to Bartley Green. Love it all. 

Ah the 22 or 23 bus! My parents live near!

Ice skating?

Went with the missus at that Winter Wonderland thing in London yesterday. I'm alright at it. I can move fairly freely and turn and stuff, I just can't stop. Managed to not fall over.

But really, it's not fun is it? an hour of trying to avoid other people and not fall on your arse whilst the cheap skates that don't really fit slowly cripple you.

Great fun.

Awful for a first date. Especially when she can't do it at all.

Ice skating?

Great fun.

Awful for a first date. Especially when she can't do it at all.

that's a bad night, an hour trying not to fall over, followed up by finding out she can't do it at all

absolute right off

Ice skating?

Great fun.

I went Ice skating and kept falling over.

I kept getting distracted by inanimate objects that looked like people.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

You want one of them penguin things to hold onto ... Took my daughter skating yesterday and after a slow start she was wizzing around the ice

I can just about stay upright and move about without looking like a giraffe on ice but I don't have a lot of mojo on the ice ... I think if I fell over at speed I wouldn't get up again

In Monaco earlier this year they had a huge outdoor ice rink that they had converted to a go-kart track.... Much more like it and no risk of falling over

Â