Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The commentator for the AC Milan vs. PSV game on the Champions League Match Choice on Sky Sports tonight.

He keeps pronouncing it "Mee-lan" and it's really winding me up for some reason :rant:

Right thread at least. Shouldn't piss you off because its correct
Commentators only ever want to pronounce the glamour languages, like Italian or Portuguese, authentically though; you never hear them affecting Chinese or Indian accents when referring to players from those places.

FWIW they (almost) all butcher Portuguese as well.

Jamie Oliver, how that fat word removed has the right to tell anyone how to eat is beyond me.

yeah im amazed he doesn't get more shit for his restaurant chain, horrible place just a step up from Frankie and bennies IMO sure they use the same industrial microwave and pre packed meals too

My girlfriend's family all seem to love Jamie's in Birmingham, so it's pretty much every birthday/anniversary etc.

"Hmm, I just can't decided what to have...it all looks pretty shitty."

McDonalds workers striking demanding $15 an hour to flip burgers. Who are they **** kidding.

Is that not more to do with the US's ridiculously low minimum wage compared to the cost of living though? McDonalds published a report that for one of their employees to just about stay above the standard cost of living in the US, they need a second full time job on top of their full time job at McDonalds. In that context, I think it's fair they strike.

EDIT: Just had a quick search and found the story on the Daily Mail website, link ->http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2366370/Sample-budget-given-McDonalds-workers-proves-CANT-live-minimum-wages-need-second-job-make-ends-meet.html

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

18 months after shelling out a small fortune to have a new one fitted, my boiler is on the fritz.

As this is the "and shouldn't" thread, it's probably worth mentioning that I totally forgot to extend my homecare package so instead of paying £70 for a years worth of peace of mind I'll have to shell out treble that to have someone out to fix it.

18 months after shelling out a small fortune to have a new one fitted, my boiler is on the fritz.

As this is the "and shouldn't" thread, it's probably worth mentioning that I totally forgot to extend my homecare package so instead of paying £70 for a years worth of peace of mind I'll have to shell out treble that to have someone out to fix it.

Any warranty on it ??? Usually a 3 year

Just the one but to further compound the misery, I've just found a piece of paper that said they would have extended it to two years if I'd registered it with them within 30 days. :(

The commentator for the AC Milan vs. PSV game on the Champions League Match Choice on Sky Sports tonight.

He keeps pronouncing it "Mee-lan" and it's really winding me up for some reason :rant:

Right thread at least. Shouldn't piss you off because its correct

But isn't it known as Milano in Italian? Therefore Milan is the English version and should be pronounced Mi-lan? Also, isn't the reason the team is called AC Milan and not AC Milano because it was founded by an Englishman and they kept the English name as a sign of respect to him?

It may well be right, but it still pissed me off no end.

EDIT - Just noticed leviramsey pretty much said the same thing

Edited by Ginko

Just the one but to further compound the misery, I've just found a piece of paper that said they would have extended it to two years if I'd registered it with them within 30 days. :(

Utter rubbish. The registration of a product cannot change your statutory rights. You will have a 2 year guarantee whatever (well, 6 really). Just ring them up.

• Like 1

Â