Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

Not a new one,but The Wrecking Crew is an interresting one if you are into music from 60`s,and 70`s. 

About the studiomusician who (secretly) played on most of the records released at the time. Amazing musicians who came on,read the musicsheet,and played the part perfect in one take,to save studiotime,etc. The documetary is made by the son of one of the musicians in the group called "the wrecking crew",the guitarist Tommy Tedesco. Who played on thousands of records,and tv-themes. Batman,Bonanza,and so on.. The whole thing is on Youtube. Seeing how some musicians from The Beach Boys,and other groups reacted to beeing told their part on the record are beeing played by others,so they really dont have to show up for the recording is priceless

• Like 2

Just watched The Truth vs Alex Jones.

Never really paid too much attention to Alex Jones due to the fact he's obviously a giant cock. This documentary just confirms it even further. Despicable bloke. 

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Never really paid too much attention to Alex Jones due to the fact he's obviously a giant cock. This documentary just confirms it even further. Despicable bloke. 

The world will be a better place when he's dead. He's absolutely meritless as a being, everything that's bad about us as a species incarnated.

• Like 1

The MH370 documentary on Youtube by Green Dot Aviation is phenomenal

Far better than the terrible Netflix effort as it really gets to grips with the cold facts, rather than pussy footing around them for fear of upsetting the wrong people.

Its a 10/10 documentary for me. It has everything.

46 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What's bizarre is the vast number of stupid people who believe what he says. It's crazy in this day and age.

17 minutes ago, villa89 said:

What's bizarre is the vast number of stupid people who believe what he says. It's crazy in this day and age.

That's very judgemental of you. I'm sure all these people will have done their research. 

:ph34r:

Jones sells a worldview and does so with the confidence tricksters handbook. The worldview he sells is a conservative Christian one, a very right wing very American worldview obsessed with classic Christian matters (even if he's a sinner in many respects by the same view) and classic US concerns like guns, that he packages up with some of the edges knocked off or cushioned and disguised. To sell it, he blusters and blathers through a never ending supply of stories and theories, invariably wrong but with little elements of truth (by little I mean things like he'll have the right countries involved but everything else wrong) and spouted with such conviction it sounds like it's spoken with authority from the point of view of a lay listener, and then he'll spin in elements of common conspiracies people generally believe (the usual stuff like evil companies, the government is evil, etc) or callbacks to a handful of real incidents in history. He'll rattle through news stories of the day and spin them with his viewpoint in mind, or often just outright misrepresent the news to the extent he's making the story have no resemblance to what is actually there and tying it into his view and making out how right he is, when a cursory glance at the stories and the reality will prove the opposite. He exceptionally rarely admits he's wrong (the rare times he does it's only in details not the thrust of things), and carries on spinning that he sees and speaks only truth. 

And all of it is just a package to sell supplements and snake oil with huge mark ups.

No matter is above using, he'll work up a froth over a tragedy as much as he will the latest political fracas - only last week he was broadcasting graphic videos of the Moscow attack and trying to spin up some excitement about that in-between flogging shit, and obviously the Sandy Hook matter essentially revolves around his lying about the murder of children to whip up a frenzy to sell his wares to the viewers. And it goes all the way back to 9/11 where he was one of the principle figures behind the truly despicable Loose Change 'documentary'.

He's irredeemably disgusting. There isn't a thing that could befall him that he would not deserve.

• Like 1

Probably bin dunne but I watched a couple of good ones on the Barkley marathon over the weekend, one on Prime called The Race That Eats Its Young and then another on YouTube called Where Dreams Go To Die. 
Would highly recommend both!

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 14:42, fleksnes said:

Not a new one,but The Wrecking Crew is an interresting one if you are into music from 60`s,and 70`s. 

About the studiomusician who (secretly) played on most of the records released at the time. Amazing musicians who came on,read the musicsheet,and played the part perfect in one take,to save studiotime,etc. The documetary is made by the son of one of the musicians in the group called "the wrecking crew",the guitarist Tommy Tedesco. Who played on thousands of records,and tv-themes. Batman,Bonanza,and so on.. The whole thing is on Youtube. Seeing how some musicians from The Beach Boys,and other groups reacted to beeing told their part on the record are beeing played by others,so they really dont have to show up for the recording is priceless

Watched this a while back and as far as session guys and gals go, this is the peak. Well apart from Paul Franklin or Bobby Keys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Watched this a while back and as far as session guys and gals go, this is the peak.

Yes,it is amazing to see someone as skilled on their instrument as Hal Blaine,Tommy Tedesco,,Glen Campbell,and Carol Kaye is. I think they were my favouriteparts of the whole thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fleksnes said:

Yes,it is amazing to see someone as skilled on their instrument as Hal Blaine,Tommy Tedesco,,Glen Campbell,and Carol Kaye is. I think they were my favouriteparts of the whole thing.

Carol Kaye is phenomenal. 

• Like 2

On 05/04/2024 at 14:34, sheepyvillian said:

Watching The Outreau Case on Netflix. The mind just boggles, it really does. 

just watched it and as you say it's mind boggling.

I had to keep asking myself whats really happening.

Spoiler

To think you can be sitting at home watching tv then one day your whole world turns upside down.

Hve to feel for the family of the one who committed suicide. Such a shame.

A good watch

On 08/04/2024 at 22:22, imavillan said:

just watched it and as you say it's mind boggling.

I had to keep asking myself whats really happening.

Reveal hidden contents

To think you can be sitting at home watching tv then one day your whole world turns upside down.

Hve to feel for the family of the one who committed suicide. Such a shame.

A good watch

Just finished it myself. If ever there was a classic example of fact being stranger than fiction, this was It!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just finished it myself. If ever there was a classic example of fact being stranger than fiction, this was It!!

one mans crusade and tunnel vision

• Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 20:21, fleksnes said:

Agreed 100% . Have seen this documentary several times and never get tired of admiring their talent. Perhaps the sadest part is the mention of Jim Gordon. Fabulous drummer ( good enough to play with Steely Dan!!) but had severe mental issues and murdered his own Mom. Refused parole several times and died in prison. Very sad.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying Meet the Roman Emperor on IPlayer. So fascinating to see graffiti from all those years ago. On the downside, I am struggling to get the vision of Mary Beard wiping her Arris out of my head.

Watched the first episode of Baby Reindeer last night and seems good so far. 

Much better than 3 Body Problem which we gave up watching halfway through. 

Â