Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McShane is too old to be an impact in the Premiership. If he hasn't made it by now then he has probably found his level. I wouldn't be impressed with these signings.

I thought he was great in Hi-Di-Hi

4yiosgm.jpg

Hello campers, we need to sign him immediately!

Bargain basement signings if you ask me - we need to be looking at better players than these.

Why do you suppose nobody else has tried to sign any of these players, the speculation has been ongoing regarding them so one would presume they would have left by now!

Quite simply they are not good enough!

The same reason as nobody looked at Darren Bent apart from Charlton.

I am not saying we should sign all players from lower leagues, but just coz they don't play for AC Milan - doesn't mean they are not a bad player !!.

McShane is a very good, solid right back - the type of player we need. Not many get past him, does't offer a lot going forward but if you have Gabby, Ashley, Barry,Petrov, Luke and prob. one or two others in front of you - you shouldn't have to !!

Can't particularly remember many clubs apart from us looking at a youngster from Brighton called Gareth Barry - didn't mean he was crap !!!

But the difference is that Koumas for instance is not a young player, like Barry was when he signed for us and so too when Bent signed for Charlton.

There is a reason why nobody in the Prem has tryed to sign the Koumas' of this world!

At the moment there seems to be 3 names we're being linked to. Boruc, Bellamy and Luke Young. All these players would improve our teams and enable a push for Europe, i believe these are the type of players our focus should be on for now. I dont want MON to go out and buy a whole new team and i dont think he will as its not needed. We are just a few players away from Europe and MON will get them in the summer.

I would love to have bellamy and barton in the same team.

Having players that other teams fans hate is good and can be effective. People will not like playing the villa, and we will have 'bite' in the side.

Pair these two with a bit o' flair, snjeider, SWP etc. good team in making.

Just had a thought last night after the Milan game. How about Cafu for RB?
if we're talking golden oldies (bear in mind cafu will be 37 by the start of next season) why not philip cocu? classy midfielder, a leader who's done it all at the top level. already announced he's leaving psv, but that could mean he's retiring.

personally i think both would be just a bit too old to adapt to the prem, having never played in the league before and i'm not sure what their motivation to join villa would be, when we're not in europe.

Just had a thought last night after the Milan game. How about Cafu for RB?
if we're talking golden oldies (bear in mind cafu will be 37 by the start of next season) why not philip cocu? classy midfielder, a leader who's done it all at the top level. already announced he's leaving psv, but that could mean he's retiring.

personally i think both would be just a bit too old to adapt to the prem, having never played in the league before and i'm not sure what their motivation to join villa would be, when we're not in europe.

Cafu and Cocu - how about a cheeky bid for Bobby Charlton!!

Just think if we had Barton and Bellamy jesus just think of the brawls

In fairness Mellberg doesn't have the best track record on the training pitch when it comes to throwing punches even if we all support him for kicking the shit out of that rocket polisher.

id take mcshanebut not davies, very overated although worth a punt at £4-5 million nothing more...

Koumas is a quality player and showed it many many times when the baggies were in the prem...anyone who has watched alot of the albion over the last few seasons will tell you Koumas belongs in a top half premier league side...he can provide the creativity we so sorely lack in midfield...

Gera would be a very good squad player to fill out the numbers...

remember we are building a squad here, not just a first 11.....

id take mcshanebut not davies, very overated although worth a punt at £405 million nothing more...

I think that's a bit expensive, even considering the new TV deal.

EDIT: Damn ml1dch, you beat me on that one :-)

So it's the lazy journalism article that has his age wrong. He is 21, not 29.

No idea how good he is though...

There is little quality in the right-back position. All over the world in fact. It's a strange phenomenon considering how many good left backs there are.

I'd take McShane. He's got Tim Flowers-like bottle.

Not a bad defender either. I'd rate him higher than Bardsley, Hughes, maybe even Ridge.

He'd be an immediate fan favourite too.

I don't watch West Brom, but I thought McShane was a centre half? As an Irishman I've seen quite a bit of him recently as he's made his way into the Irish first team and he's always in the middle of the back four for us.

I highly rate him. I'm not just saying that as I'm Irish, as there are quite a few Irish players I wouldn't want at the Villa, but McShane totally looks like being the new Colin Hendry.

There's an old saying of brave players "putting their head in where others wouldn't put their boot", well in our recent 1-0 win over Slovakia, he did exactly that. He made a good tackle in the box, but the ball squirmed to a Slovak lad, and while still on the ground , he literally flung himself head-first at the ball/attackers incoming boot.

He's still a bit raw, but he's committed and if he can get a MOM award against Koller on his debut, then he's got to have something about him.