Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barton/Bellamy I really cant decide on, both lunatics but good players. Their arrival would be nothing short of controversial, not sure if MON wants that kind of negative PR for the club.

AVFC aren't averse to things controversial - take this week for instance :)

We need a bit of nastiness in the side - we are too soft in midfield and have been for years.

Do I like Barton as a footballer - Yes

Do I like Barton as a person - No

But as many have said the important thing is what happens ON THE PITCH and Barton would be a step forward on what we have at the moment.

I hear from my Everton supporting friends that he hates them and wouldn’t join. He gets absolutely slated by their fans, can’t remember the exact reason but remember he bared his ass to them earlier in the season.

Barton/Bellamy I really cant decide on, both lunatics but good players. Their arrival would be nothing short of controversial, not sure if MON wants that kind of negative PR for the club.

AVFC aren't averse to things controversial - take this week for instance :)

We need a bit of nastiness in the side - we are too soft in midfield and have been for years.

Do I like Barton as a footballer - Yes

Do I like Barton as a person - No

But as many have said the important thing is what happens ON THE PITCH and Barton would be a step forward on what we have at the moment.

Barton was eliminated when Villa played Man City!! Barry and Petrov made him look like a small boy...

Nope...Barton might be good at his best days but I really cant see his greatness after I've seen him a few times. Yes...we need to have someone like you mention...but I would rather see that we found ourselves a new Ian Taylor or George Boateng. We need a fighter and a big man in the centre...

Just spoke to my Toffee supporting friend and he said that Barton was on their books until about 16 when they released him as they didn’t think he’d make it. Once he signed for City and started playing in the first team he made loads of fuss about how he was better that a team like Everton etc. He also got in a fight with a load of the Everton players when they were on tour. That led to the notorious “Cigar stubbed in the eye of a youth team player†incident.

To be fair, you must be a certain type of person to do that as well as beat one of your team mates up, not just a slap either. His brother was also sent down as you probably know for him and a mate attacking a ‘black’ person with an axe. Apparently it was a racist attack.

We really don’t need players like that at our club, seriously. Bellemy on the other hand, I feel simply has a temper and is a bit cocky for his own good. I wouldn’t grumble if we signed him. Rather sign Defoe though.

Bellamy is also a player that can be marvellous on his days, but he has his downsides off and on the pitch. Bellamy is a hot head and he cant control that. We dont need Bellamy...ever!

There is a few players that can handle their aggression and their will to win. Barton and Bellamy is not that type of people..

in my opinion you cant compare Barton with Bellamy

Bellamy has had one skirmish with a fellow team mate off the pitch, which was overhyped and blatently not a big deal.Riise was fine with Bellamy after the incident...somehow i dont think Dabo will be the same with Barton.

Bellamy can control his hot headedness (think thats a word!) on the pitch.he rarely gets sent off and in all the matches ive seen him play he is competitive in the true sense of the word.his attitude and application for the cause is first class.

i would not have any problem with us signing Bellamy, and i think its nailed on that we will.

Barton can go rot in a sewer

his attitude and application for the cause is first class.

i would not have any problem with us signing Bellamy, and i think its nailed on that we will.

Barton can go rot in a sewer

Im sure I heard a few years ago after a supposed bellamy bust up, that he is a real pro when it comes to training, and is always first in last out. He's got issues, but barton's a bloody psycho. Who tries to stub out a cigar in someone's eye, really? To me it would be too much of a disruptive influence to have barton. I mean could you really take kids to a game and cheer for someone like that?

I dont think we need a lot of new players to be a force i really don`t,martin has obviously made room for another new striker when he sold angel so i expect defoe(my choice)doyle,bellamy and we have been linked with marlon king.As for the midfield i don`t think we are crying out for quality there with davis,maloney,berger and ozzy in reserve then theres always mcann to call on and our first choice midfield can be jigged around with in various ways,but similar to the strikers i do expect reo-coker to be a villa player next season and i suspect a renewed bid for shaun wright phillips or milner.For me i would like the most for us to bring in a couple of proper quality defenders and we would be a force to be reckoned with because our downfall this season time and time again has been giving away soft easy goals.

Thats my opinion could be close could be a load of bollocks but either way we are on the up and i am buzzing about it and already have a semi thinking about next season. :hooray:

Sky sports camera's following Tommy Sorensen around the new training facility yesterday. When they asked him about signing a new contract he tried to put a positive spin on it "not been talked about just yet" but IMO was a bit down about it. I think the Boruc deal is possibly already done and Tommy knows he is either out or will be number two. Thoughts?

Sky sports camera's following Tommy Sorensen around the new training facility yesterday. When they asked him about signing a new contract he tried to put a positive spin on it "not been talked about just yet" but IMO was a bit down about it. I think the Boruc deal is possibly already done and Tommy knows he is either out or will be number two. Thoughts?

I agree, but he hasn't exactly made a good case for a new contract based on recent performances. The pen against City, the cock up against Boro.

:?

Its a shame as I think he is a decent keeper.

Me too Ali. We could do a lot worse. But then again, if we can do a lot better, why not. I absolutely 100% feel that Stuart Taylor will be gone too. Not good enough for this level of football or the level Villa aspire too.

Just spoke to my Toffee supporting friend and he said that Barton was on their books until about 16 when they released him as they didn’t think he’d make it. Once he signed for City and started playing in the first team he made loads of fuss about how he was better that a team like Everton etc. He also got in a fight with a load of the Everton players when they were on tour. That led to the notorious “Cigar stubbed in the eye of a youth team player†incident.

To be fair, you must be a certain type of person to do that as well as beat one of your team mates up, not just a slap either. His brother was also sent down as you probably know for him and a mate attacking a ‘black’ person with an axe. Apparently it was a racist attack.

We really don’t need players like that at our club, seriously. Bellemy on the other hand, I feel simply has a temper and is a bit cocky for his own good. I wouldn’t grumble if we signed him. Rather sign Defoe though.

They didn't just attack him....THEY KILLED HIM......i was hoping it was an isolated incident...and i don't like judging people....but it seems that they really are a family of thugs!!!And if i ever saw Barton or his brother i would gladly return the favours they have dealt out to innocent people with a baseball bat and a Cutlass......Yardie Style!!!

They didn't just attack him....THEY KILLED HIM......i was hoping it was an isolated incident...and i don't like judging people....but it seems that they really are a family of thugs!!!And if i ever saw Barton or his brother i would gladly return the favours they have dealt out to innocent people with a baseball bat and a Cutlass......Yardie Style!!!

Don't stoop to their level mate! I don't want Barton despite the fact that he could be a brilliant player. Some peoples posts are making me warm to the idea of signing Bellamy too.

And if i ever saw Barton or his brother i would gladly return the favours they have dealt out to innocent people with a baseball bat and a Cutlass......Yardie Style!!!

Apart from having a bit of a punch-up and generally not being particularly pleasant, what favours exactly has Joey Barton dealt out to innocent people that deserve whatever thuggery you're advocating towards him?

To be honest i wouldn't get too pissed off in signing Barton. I think his a very good player, and would improve our midfield no end. But to compare him to Bellamy is unfair. Bellamy it a rocket polisher, yes, but Bartons record is allot worse.

I'd go for Owen Hargreaves, could be leaving Bayern in summer, and I know he's into playing premiership football.

Consistent,great tackler, and does have an eye for the ball. Should keep away from injury though. Doesn't make a big fuss of himself like Barton either.