Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got high hopes for this summer...

Randy and Co are deadly serious about breaking into the top 4 and they know that we need to buy top quality signings which dont come cheap if we are to achieve it..

My dream signings this summer...

Gordon or Borus

Geremi

Luke Young

Wright Phillips or Milner

Reo Coker

Bent

That bunch would cost £40-50 million to spend, a cheaper plan b would be:

Boruc

Luke Young

Geremi

Cisse

Milner

Reo-coker

that would cost £25-30 million, but either would leave us with a very strong squad...ive got an inkling that we will be spending big this summer and will capture 1 or 2 biug names that we didnt think we could get...

I've never looked forward to a footy season like I am next season :)

I've read in a few sites in the last couple of weeks that O'Neill is interested in Sneider and Huntelar from Ajax, I dismissed it as ridiculous at first, but I keep seeing it.............

Yes please!

They are the kind of players that we have to target if we are going to move up to the top six and beyond. Signing players like Hunterlaar and Sneider would make the rest of the premiership sit up and take notice.

Why the hell do people want Luke Young?

The media really do decide who are good dont they?!

to confuddle us older ones

Luke Young to Ashley Young to Luke Moore - goal..... see what I mean

why do we want luke young?

because he is a RB which we need badly, he is cheap (ish), young, has bags of potential, and most of all is actually gettable!

nothing to do with the media for me, im only going from what ive seen and what watford fans have said...

I've read in a few sites in the last couple of weeks that O'Neill is interested in Sneider and Huntelar from Ajax, I dismissed it as ridiculous at first, but I keep seeing it.............

Yes please!

They are the kind of players that we have to target if we are going to move up to the top six and beyond. Signing players like Hunterlaar and Sneider would make the rest of the premiership sit up and take notice.

Ajax' manager was in Sweden yesterday to watch a player very similar to Sneijder, apparently, A sign of Sneijder on his way, maybe. The problem is that in the same article they said that it's rumoured that Barcelona and Valencia are efter him and if that is the case I think we won't see him in Villa. But you could only try.

because he is a RB which we need badly, he is cheap (ish), young, has bags of potential, and most of all is actually gettable!

nothing to do with the media for me, im only going from what ive seen and what watford fans have said...

Now I am confused

Isn't Luke Young the 28 year old right back who plays for Charlton?

Quote:

i haven't saw any of those reports

you got a link?

It was on the bbc gossip page which they get from all the newspapers a couple of weeks back. Also all over the fans gossip pages. Very unreliable I know, but they do get some stuff right!

Now I am confused

Isn't Luke Young the 28 year old right back who plays for Charlton?

yep charlton sorry, dont know where watford came from

Yes please!

Ajax' manager was in Sweden yesterday to watch a player very similar to Sneijder, apparently, A sign of Sneijder on his way, maybe. The problem is that in the same article they said that it's rumoured that Barcelona and Valencia are efter him and if that is the case I think we won't see him in Villa. But you could only try.

Money talks Pelle, and agents will push any big money deal that is put to them. The Premiership is now the in place for top footballers to ply their trade and as you say we can but try.

Yes please!

Money talks Pelle, and agents will push any big money deal that is put to them. The Premiership is now the in place for top footballers to ply their trade and as you say we can but try.

It certainly does, but both Valencia and Barcelona are still more attractive than us, I believe. At least Barcelona. But I'd be happy if we could get him. A dream list would be:

Boruc

Richards

Sneijder

Huntelaar

I'd be extremely happy with that. Possible? Maybe, maybe not. Add Milner to that too.

i reckon we'll be surprised. again.

top of the list - right back and DM.

I agree with this, but who?!

DM - Barton, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, (Appiah, Muntari etc.)

Barton - Playing wise probably the best but his off field antics are terrible, needs carming down and focusing. Oneill could be the man to do this.

Reo-Coker - Not as good as Barton, but younger so a lot of potential. His fair share of off field trouble, would he upset the dressing room?

Sidwell - Model proffesional, but will he be a one season wonder?

Appiah, Muntari etc. - will they adapt to the premiership?

I'd probably go for Barton, he's the best premiership proven player and I belive O'Neill would do wonders for him! He fits the bill as a Barry quality player, i.e someone who will be knocking on the door of the England squad.

RB - L.Young, L.Neill, G.Johnson, Geremi

I'd go for G.Johnson due to his potential, however I think Chelsea want him back to then I'd go for Young. Just a tad under a Barry quality player but would be solid down the right.

Yes please!

It certainly does, but both Valencia and Barcelona are still more attractive than us, I believe. At least Barcelona. But I'd be happy if we could get him. A dream list would be:

Boruc

Richards

Sneijder

Huntelaar

I'd be extremely happy with that. Possible? Maybe, maybe not. Add Milner to that too.

And Barton