Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I dont think we need a lot of new players to be a force i really don`t,martin has obviously made room for another new striker when he sold angel so i expect defoe(my choice)doyle,bellamy and we have been linked with marlon king.As for the midfield i don`t think we are crying out for quality there with davis,maloney,berger and ozzy in reserve then theres always mcann to call on and our first choice midfield can be jigged around with in various ways,but similar to the strikers i do expect reo-coker to be a villa player next season and i suspect a renewed bid for shaun wright phillips or milner.For me i would like the most for us to bring in a couple of proper quality defenders and we would be a force to be reckoned with because our downfall this season time and time again has been giving away soft easy goals.

Whoever we buy must be better quality than we have unless it is to replace a player we are selling.We have a squad of players who can 'do a job' with only a few that are significantly better. It would be a waste of money to buy players of the same quality. We have a lot of midfield players as you say but not enough of them are quality players.

To move on to the next level we have to have players who are composed on the ball, can pass well, can move off the ball (and not just when the pass is going to them), that can control a ball in tight situations and are hungry for success. We need these players all over the pitch.

I think one of the main reasons we have drawn so many games this year and rarely looked like thumping any sides is that we are too predictable. We are too predictable because too many players are limited in their skill levels.

We need to improve the midfield and attacking from fullback and wide midfield areas. This is where I believe a significant amount of our money should be spent this summer.

It is not going to be easy to get the kind of quality player we need as most of the clubs in the top half of the table will want them. We may have to settle for players that the top four do not want or will not pay over the top for them and then compete with the likes of Spurs, Newcastle and Everton for them. I think our name and current ambition will see us beat other sides in convincing players that B6 is the place to play next season unless really silly money is being thrown around.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for Owen Hargreaves, could be leaving Bayern in summer, and I know he's into playing premiership football.

Consistent,great tackler, and does have an eye for the ball. Should keep away from injury though. Doesn't make a big fuss of himself like Barton either.

Only plave Hargreaves is going in the summer is Man U mate...(if Bayern allow him to leave)

I'd go for Owen Hargreaves, could be leaving Bayern in summer, and I know he's into playing premiership football.

Consistent,great tackler, and does have an eye for the ball. Should keep away from injury though. Doesn't make a big fuss of himself like Barton either.

Is that the Owen Hargreaves who was effectively signed by Manchester United six months ago?

Wouldn't be sure if that report about him going to United has too much in it. Here in Germany they're saying that he's going nowhere, but will be clearing out the side, and he already has offers from Spain. The Man U deal fell through when he broke his leg. Can basicly believe what you want. Whatever, consistent player (when he plays), and in a team like Villa he'd be sure to get more first team football than at United.

I have somehow picked up the impression that Owen Hargreaves would quite like to play for Manchester United.

Joey Barton just seems so utterly not worth the trouble, though I do quite like the idea of him disppearing into a meeting with MON and then limping humbly out half an hour later, only opening his mouth to mutter polite "the three points was the important thing" platitudes for the rest of his career.

Kind of like Father Jack saying "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER"

TBH I think MON could handle any player. He's hard as **** is Martin.

As regards working with 'problem' players,MON had no issues working with Hartson who once mistook Eyal Berkovic's head for a ball in training.

He's going to Manure

we do need a new defensive midfeilder though, maybe christian poulsen, weve got no chance of hargreaves, he only wants to go to the glory hunters!

and before anyone suggests, please not joey barton, mon might be good at working with trouble players, but barton is just a muppet, even the man city players dont like him!

we also need a first choice RB, back up LB, 2 CBs, and another striker!

Doubt we'd get Poulsen either, Seville look like they're going to win the UEFA cup again and finish 2nd in the spanish league, so that means CL next term. Unless of course he's really keen to play in England!

i say 2 CBs because, laursen will never be fully fit, dels will no doubt be shown the door, and ridgwell is shite, so that only really leave us with olly and cahill!

maybe someone like phillipe mexes! havent we been linked with him before though?

to all those who dont want Bellamy I have bad news, IMO it is nailed on we will be signing him in the summer. MON loves him, he loves MON, and Liverpool want shot and have money to burn in the summer. They will defo be investing in at least 1 big name striker..

He is nothing like Barton so putting them in the same boat is abit harsh. He is a quality player and MON wouldnt stand for any shit from him. I would much prefer Bent though...

As for Barton, before this Dabo incident I could have seen him coming and would have been very pleased. However its plain to see him is a complete nut job and although he's a great player I dont think MON or Randy would want to risk the new brand being associated with a thug......shame as he could have been a terrific player and he is just what we need.....

Altho I would be happy with Bellamy I still dont think he is the 20 goal a season man we need. Does anyone know how many he scored at Blackburn when he was at his best?

i say 2 CBs because, laursen will never be fully fit, dels will no doubt be shown the door, and ridgwell is shite, so that only really leave us with olly and cahill!

maybe someone like phillipe mexes! havent we been linked with him before though?

Ridgewell's certainly not "shite," he's a quality cb who lacks one vital thing, pace. It's sad but he is just too slow for the premiership. He is a leader and I have always appreciated his total commitment to the Villa cause. I will be sorry to see him move on but it is probably going to happen.

Laursen has had the best knee surgeon in the world and played several times in his comeback and looked fit and strong - why should he never be fully fit?

to all those who dont want Bellamy I have bad news, IMO it is nailed on we will be signing him in the summer. MON loves him, he loves MON,

Sorry. :crylaugh:

to all those who dont want Bellamy I have bad news, IMO it is nailed on we will be signing him in the summer. MON loves him, he loves MON,

Sorry. :crylaugh:

As if it's a full on affair or something!! :crylaugh: , and furthermore it's not "bad news", it's bad speculation, nothing is set in stone here, i saw Bellamy all hugged up with Benitez after the Chelsea game so it looks like Mons got competition from Craig's "spanish stud"!! :D.