Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy if the manager secured all his number one targets whoeever they might be.

How would you ever know that this was so?

On the basis of making bids for players. I'd accept that we may not hear all the behind the scenes stuff ut if we make a bid for a player then I would presume it's one MON would want

Say hello to your GF by the way had the pleaseure of speaking to her at the last SCG meeting.

Boruc

C. Davies

A. Rightback (Preferably M. Richards but most likely some gem from abroad)

S. Sidwell

K. Kallstrom

J. Milner (or SWP)

D. Bent (or M. Owen or D. Ashton or K.J.Huntelaar)

Wouldn't want Barton or Bellamy here at all. Do we really want a Robbie Savage?

Also not keen on the idea of Bent at Villa either, can't understand why people on here rate him so much.

I'd like to see Milner back, works hard and good at crossing. Sidwell would be a good signing aswell if he's not already off to barcodes.

I think Nugent would do quite well here aswell, although I don't really know if we need another striker tbh. I've heard good things from a Hibs fan about Boruc although I don't know if I can trust his judgement :lol:

I don't like L.Young either.He is not the quality we need.Puerta from Sevilla is someone I like much more :) Could cover several positions as well.

Sevilla who are challenging for the La Liga title, we cant attract players like that yet.

Getting Lucas Neill might be good for breaking into the Australian market.Football's starting to take off here and Lucas Neill is highly regarded here especially after his world cup heroics.However, would still prefer Seitaridis but would have to break the bank for him.

Not that the Australian market is huge, but Leeds got tons and tons of fans over here when Kewell and Viduka were playing for them. If we make Europe with Lucas Neill in the team, look for a huge boost in the Australian supporter base.

Paul McShane linked to us in one of the newspapers tosay.

Fullback, apparently. Can't say I've seen him play.

I saw him play against Middlesbrough. He got the man of the match award that night and deserved it. He was certainly one of the most impressive West Brom players on the pitch.

However I'm not sure how well he'd cope in the Premiership. That'd be a case of wait and see. He'd be a much better back up than Hughes, but not sure if I'd want to stick him straight into the first team. Depends who else we can realistically get. But I'd say yes for the right price.

Then again, I have only seen him play the once.

Some of the suggestions on here are barmy, some are pure fiction, some are pure fantasy and some are pure Football Manager wishes.

Tevez (looks good in a relegation threatened team)

Neill (Ditto)

Some of the ranting and raving over foreign players is also rather bizarre, especially as MON isn't known for purchasing players who aren't already tested in a similar league to what he's managing in.

On the Subject of Paul McShane, i've heard he's ours, a done deal rather aslong as Baggies don't go up, otherwise he'll see out his contract there.

I've been very impressed with McShane, he's got experience that makes him a better option than Bardsley and holds alot of promise and potential. On top of this he's got this great determination and tenacity that is needed in our team aswell as alot of self confidence. He would be a welcome aquisition IMO.

But then again it's jst my opinion, i don't think he's all that good on FootballManager. :?