Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

why does everybody think McShane plays at right back,every time i have seen him play for ireland he's played center half.

Probably because I'm guessing most people have seen him play for West Brom rather than Ireland, where he tends to play on the right.

sorry ment to say the same for west brom too.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't mean the race thing

i mean like people see someone has a bright future, and see he has abit of pace and has the same sort of features as rio ferdinand and then automatically assume he will be a similar play to him when hes older in terms of ability

You're right.

Much like any clumsy, tall, black midfielder is the 'new Vieira'

McShane is a centre half. A good young one with potential. We already have 2 of them. IMO both are better than McShane currently is. He has average technique which means he is a defnsivly solid fulback but id say a below average attacking one.

My mate who is a baggies fan (and ST holder) though, said this summer hes quite happy to take 8m for Davies as long as they keep McShane - stating DAvies has very bad positional sense only stands out because he makes a lot of last ditch tackles using his pace. He has to make those tackles bexause hes caught out so much position wise.

Lucas Neill the guy he turned down Liverpool to go to WHU just for the £££££££ nope i dont want that at this club i want players who actually care about playing football

Ask any Australian or West Ham fan since January and they will vouch for him on the pitch. It's not all about the money when it comes to Lucas Neill, just because he knocked back Liverpool ffs.

But what about P. Ferreira from Chelsea? He clearly doesn't get the appreciation and Mourinho don't really rate him as a starter. I do however, I think he is very good and I would love him here.

I kept my eye on him against Liverpool and he was very impressive, he was up and down that line all night and never really put a foot wrong, depending on his age and the price i think he'd be a very good signing indeed.

Davies is ahead of Cahill and Ridge in the English U21 setup

So is Anton Ferdinand. And I'd have Cahill or Ridge in the centre of Villa's defence before he got anywhere near it.

Edit: And I'd have either of them before Steven Taylor, who is also ahead of them in the U-21 setup.

The Daily Express and The Daily Star links us with a 2million pound move for Luke Young this morning

funny that this link only came after Bardsley said hes going back to United

Luke Young for 2 mill? - yes please

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/lincoln_city/6618613.stmLincoln have had to send keeper Robert Olejnik back to Villa.

Seems strange not to leave him till the end of the season.

Lincoln recall keeper from Gulls

Simon Rayner

Rayner has also previously served Bournemouth and Barry Town

Lincoln have recalled goalkeeper Simon Rayner from his loan with Torquay.

The Imps have brought Rayner, 23, back so that he can be included in their squad for their final game of the season against Chester.

Lincoln have had to send keeper Robert Olejnik, 20, back to Aston Villa so require Rayner as cover for their last match and potential play-off games.

Rayner told the Gulls' website: "I have enjoyed every minute of my time on loan with Torquay."

http://tinyurl.com/32tt6n

Tony Mowbray's Albion troops have missed out on automatic promotion from the Championship this season, and need to win against Barnsley on Sunday to secure a place in the play-offs.

Villa boss O'Neill is a long-time admirer of both Davies and Koumas - but McShane's solid displays in the Baggies' rearguard, where he can play in several positions, have also caught his eye.

The former Celtic chief has been promised a transfer warchest big enough to challenge for Champions League football next season.

And he would need to spend a fair chunk of that pot to land the trio, with Davies (22), Koumas (27) and McShane (29) rated at £6million, £4million and £3.5million respectively.

England Under-21 centre-back Davies is currently sidelined with a foot injury but impressed with Albion in the top flight two seasons ago.

Wales star Koumas has been a driving force for the club's promotion charge this season, while Republic of Ireland star McShane has been a revelation since joining from Manchester United in the deal which took goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak to Old Trafford.

Click

I dunno what to put into this, probably just a bunch of crap as TEAMtalk has become more and more of a tabloid over the last two years.

I would take Davies, but I wouldn't touch Koumas. He has shown that he can't handle the top level before, or has he suddenly become a much

better player the last few years? A bit like Huckerby in terms of where he manages to show his ability?

Bargain basement signings if you ask me - we need to be looking at better players than these.

Why do you suppose nobody else has tried to sign any of these players, the speculation has been ongoing regarding them so one would presume they would have left by now!

Quite simply they are not good enough!

I think buying half the West Brom team would be a mistake.

How about only buying three of them?

Not saying that I rate any of these players but I am not a professional football manager and this "report" is unconfirmed and just rumour.

I think buying half the West Brom team would be a mistake.

What I said earlier as well. People want Koumas, McShane, Gera, Kamara and Davies. If we signed them all we would be great, in the Championship!

I'd take Davies because I think he is a great header and he has buckets of pace. But people have been saying he is a little bit of a cock-up at times, an we don't want that. Someone with more knowledge than me should comment on him, and the rest of the players. Remember guys, we are pushing Europe now, not top 15.