Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly what we should do, as well as getting rid of the players who has that losing mentality (Hendrie, Samuel etc).

We obviously need quality players in our squad, we have a few gems as well as many unpolished diamonds. Together this

can be one hell of a ride the next seasons, and I would love for us to sign players such as Giles Barnes as well as Darren Bent

and let's say Paulo Ferreira or Artur Boruc. I like my defenders 25 years + even though that would never be an ultimatum,

but you don't really see stoppers at the age of 20 performing every week like Laursen. John Terry is soon 27 years old and

he blossomed like 4-5 years ago and we all know he is exceptional, same with Rio Ferdinand. Generally I would say the defenders

start to be great in the same tempo as Jamie Carragher. He is like 29 years old and didn't really become that great before he was

around 24-25. Sure he played a lot before then, but I remember he was linked with us and Newcastle several times and we

didn't really fancy the idea. IMO Carragher was a little bit like Wes Brown and Senderos at the time, a player they could easily

do without. Now he is top 10 stoppers in the world? One of my first picks was Jonathan Woodgate, but he is gone now. Anyone

with a better idea?

What annoys me still is that DOL didn't sign Aaron Lennon as he would easily sign here at the time, and DOL should have had some

opinions about him. I don't necessarily think he is a great player, he has fallen slightly this season, but the last time around he was

dubbed the new Ronaldo/Overmars. Not a bad assessment! I think perhaps Giles Barnes falls into that category, I have seen him

around 4 or 5 times on the telly and I am impressed. Not only by his pace and vision, but he is very mature and controls the game

at an early age of 18 or whatever it is. Why not try to steal Gareth Bale off of Spurs and Man Utd? You don't succeed if you don't try!

This is exactly what we should do, as well as getting rid of the players who has that losing mentality Hendrie

Stopped reading there.

Baptista.

Baptista has problems to come to life in England. He plays for Arsenal and therefore he should have a lot easier to find himself in that club more than at Villa. If he decides to leave he will go to Spain or Italy...

Now, most of you haven't heard of this next suggestion of mine, but maybe one of my fellow compadres might have a say.

I'd like us to go for Tarik Elyounoussi, one of the biggest (maybe even the biggest) talents in Norwegian football these days. 19 yrs old, creative attacker/attacking midfielder. He's a quick little technician, creative, lots of skill, great workrate. He's a star in the U-21 national team and probably a first team regular (for Norway) very soon.

I'm telling you, this guy is going to be big, a lot bigger than Morten Gamst Pedersen ever will be in England. Lets snap him now before some of the bigger clubs pick him up. I can definately see a club like Man.Utd coming in for him in at some point soon (2 years time).

Tariq? Are you kidding me?

He is an exciting talent but no way is he going to make it in the Prem

Not so strong, not so quick, not so technical.

I am 100% certain he will never make it bigger than MGP

Baptista.

Baptista has problems to come to life in England. He plays for Arsenal and therefore he should have a lot easier to find himself in that club more than at Villa. If he decides to leave he will go to Spain or Italy...

Reports today are that Arsenal don't intend to keep him.

Tariq? Are you kidding me?

He is an exciting talent but no way is he going to make it in the Prem

Not so strong, not so quick, not so technical.

I am 100% certain he will never make it bigger than MGP

so he's not strong, not quick, and not blessed with much in the way of technique and will never make it in the prem..............so what makes him an exciting talent then???! :)

In Norway he is pretty exciting, did I day it is a very crap league :) ?

He's a he** of a lot better than MGP was at 19, that's for sure. A far greater talent than MGP ever was. No comparison really. But no point in arguing as we'll just have to wait and see. MGP went to Blackburn at the age of 23. If Tarik continues his current progress he's gonna be a star.