Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the manager or anyone at Villa confirmed that we have made bids or will be making bids for these players?

Until that time this is an unsubstantiated rumour.

Bargain basement signings if you ask me - we need to be looking at better players than these.

Why do you suppose nobody else has tried to sign any of these players, the speculation has been ongoing regarding them so one would presume they would have left by now!

Quite simply they are not good enough!

The same reason as nobody looked at Darren Bent apart from Charlton.

I am not saying we should sign all players from lower leagues, but just coz they don't play for AC Milan - doesn't mean they are not a bad player !!.

McShane is a very good, solid right back - the type of player we need. Not many get past him, does't offer a lot going forward but if you have Gabby, Ashley, Barry,Petrov, Luke and prob. one or two others in front of you - you shouldn't have to !!

Can't particularly remember many clubs apart from us looking at a youngster from Brighton called Gareth Barry - didn't mean he was crap !!!

For those fans that think Barton is an option,do you still want him?

http://tinyurl.com/26f3q8

Nice bloke, nice family...............

:shock:

WOW!

Forget him.

I love the comments by people at the end.

'Here's hoping he gets a dream move to middlesbrough, Villa or some other no hopers!'

Haha, my god, he obviously didn't see us playing his team off the park last week.

People are going to be very shocked at what's coming to them from Villa.

Barton to Villa would be a dream move for him, but it won't happen now.

McShane is too old to be an impact in the Premiership. If he hasn't made it by now then he has probably found his level. I wouldn't be impressed with these signings.

we should get ratinho or seitaridis for the right back position.Ok, i was just kidding about Ratinho as he's great in FM but I've never seen him play.Seitaridis on the other hand, oozes class.They are other rightbacks than those based in england you know?I wouldn't mind McShane but tbh I've never seen him play but I trust Mon's judgement.

Barton is the last thing we need at Villa - he's a total disgrace.

I think if we signed him he would soon be calmed down as soon as he tried it against Carew on the training ground. :lol:

McShane is too old to be an impact in the Premiership. If he hasn't made it by now then he has probably found his level. I wouldn't be impressed with these signings.

[url=http://home.skysports.com/player.aspx?plid=29311&clid=35&cpid=10Paul McShane

DOB 6 Jan 1986.

That makes more sense to me.

That's a completely different kettle of fish then. Sign him up :D

i rate mcshane, wouldnt mind us getting him, he reminds me of a right footed steve staunton.

As for bellemy and barton i dont want them anywhere near a villa shirt. We've got a good team spirit there this season and that would just be spoilt if either one of these came to us.

I thought he was great in Hi-Di-Hi