Golf: General Chat

villarule123

• 1 month later...

The Saudis win again. 

People like McIlroy etc have lost out on a fortune as well by staying 'loyal' to the PGA. We're talking about £500m+ for him, that's got to hurt! 

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The Saudis win again. 

People like McIlroy etc have lost out on a fortune as well by staying 'loyal' to the PGA. We're talking about £500m+ for him, that's got to hurt! 

At least he has his morals and will hardly be on the breadline 🙃.

This middle eastern money has took over everything now though, all sports infiltrated now pretty much. All for the worse too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The Saudis win again. 

didnt they offer woods like $1bn or something? i know none of them are starving to death but still but smart a bit

but fair play for having morals

14 hours ago, El Zen said:

There goes the rest of my interest in professional golf out the window. F***ing disgusting. 

The European tour has been working with the middle eastern countries, including the Saudis for years. The ladies tour has an Aramco series. Why are you only bothered now?  

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Is this the sporting equivalent of a hostile takeover? 

Nope. It's basically a truce. The Eurotour, the PGA Tour and the LIV were all dying. The existing tours because of the LIV money and LIV because nobody was watching and their tour concept was a farce. If it kept going for another 12 months all three tours would have been in a dire situation and LIV would fold. Instead some adults got together and formed a plan that benefits everyone. The details of that plan are not clear (yet) but it will be very interesting to see how it plays out. 

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

The European tour has been working with the middle eastern countries, including the Saudis for years. The ladies tour has an Aramco series. Why are you only bothered now?  

I wasn’t aware of this, but I haven’t watched a European Tour or Ladies Tour event for years either. 

I’ve really only been following the PGA Tour for Victor Hovland, but that too ends here. 

• 1 month later...
Â