Golf: General Chat

villarule123

On 14/04/2019 at 19:56, snowychap said:

Excellent day's play.

Really sad to see Molinari go in the drink twice after how well he has played so far.

If Woods wins, it will be the first time he's won a major having not been in the lead (or joint lead) after 54 holes. Still, he shouldn't have been in the tournament after his drive at the 13th yesterday. They should still be looking for that.

His driving has been suspect for years tbh 

17 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Does anybody play?

What's people's handicaps? 

Any recommended courses in the sweat midlands to play?

I live in herefordshire, some lovely courses round here. Bransford, just outside Worcester, is a lovely course. Loads of water and some really rough holes. I played the PGA national at the belfry a few years, man that was tough. Some of the bunkers were huge. Am playing the brabazon in November with a society. I tell the society I'm off 19, but closer to 17 in reality. 😜

Having 3 young kids, it's tough to find the time to go. Probably play about 10 times a year. Maybe 15 at an absolute push. Should, realistically, bring that handicap right down when I start to play more regularly (when all kids are in full time education). Will join a local course and get a few lessons. 

Struggle with a slice of the tee, am trying lots of different things to sort it out. But think I may need a few lessons and correct it. Love golf, absolutely love it. Am going this Saturday and am more excited about it than football at the moment. 

Used to play a lot of golf but not so much nowadays however I'm keen to get back into it.

Although I can get around a course OK I've never had a handicap but would be a 28 I guess.

Good luck for Saturday and hopefully you get rid of that slice. Maybe try a change of grip or try and close your clubface more at impact (not that I can do it myself!)

17 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Bransford, just outside Worcester, is a lovely course.

Yep, played Bransford a couple of weeks ago - just after they opened things up to fourballs.

Very much a hacker/social golfer but had four rounds of golf in as many weeks after things opened back up mainly as a way to meet up with a couple of other people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

Yep, played Bransford a couple of weeks ago - just after they opened things up to fourballs.

It's weird when people talk about themselves in the the third person.

Have you seen a doctor?

• Like 1

Played 'the Herefordshire' for the first time Saturday. Known as 'wormsley' to us locals. Played many courses in this and surrounding counties and cannot believe I've never played here before. Just 20 minute drive from where I live.

What an unbelievable course. You could pick up nearly every hole and put it in most other courses and it would be the signature hole for that course. Every hole is different, testing but rewarding if you get it right. If you can, go with someone who has been before. I did, and his tips helped me massively. Was +1 through 4, an unbelievable start for me. Faded from there but cannot wait to go again. 

If you're having a good round, beware the final 3 holes. They could easily kill your round and you could rack up 8s or 9s easily. Narrow, tight fairways, all uphill with danger round the green. Cracking place.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Edit: Appears it's pretty bad one, multiple broken bones and leg injuries. Could potentially be a career ender. Wonder if it was a freak accident or if he's fallen off the wagon.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 30/06/2020 at 00:19, KenjiOgiwara said:

His driving has been suspect for years tbh 

A witness said Woods almost hit his vehicle as he exited the hotel parking lot and was speeding.

Reading some updates tonight and I think he might never play competitively again.

In a perverse way I think this is the ‘out’ Woods has needed for some time now, I’m not sure he’s really wanted to continue playing professionally over recent years but has almost felt obliged to do so because of his standing in the game and overall presence.

I hope he makes a full recovery, he’s flawed but he’s also one of the biggest names in any sport, ever.

Â