Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

For the money they've got I'd demand to live somewhere else and get Choppered to and from the training ground every day.

I wouldn't mention chopping. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Even if they do spend £100m or £200m every window, it will still take time to build a squad good enough to challenge the elite.  The current squad is appalling, bar two or three players.

Additionally, selling clubs will absolutely want to rinse them for stupid fees now. For example, if they went for Sarr at Watford, Adama at Wolves or Toney at Brentford, then these clubs would probably start the bidding at £50m plus.  Imagine if they came in for our Martinez, Konsa or Watkins? Again, we’ll start talking at £50m plus but would push and push for more. It won’t be easy for them to build a successful squad, especially with FFP.

• Like 2

This Amanda Staveley certainly moves in some circles.....I see she has 10% ownership of Newcastle with the Rueben Bros, having the same ....the second richest in the uk with 16 billion and 50% of their wealth in liquid form...wow...some clout that.

This all makes Man city, look like Norwich....no disrespect to Norwich.

can't wait to follow the story of this proposed journey.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Even if they do spend £100m or £200m every window, it will still take time to build a squad good enough to challenge the elite.  The current squad is appalling, bar two or three players.

Additionally, selling clubs will absolutely want to rinse them for stupid fees now. For example, if they went for Sarr at Watford, Adama at Wolves or Toney at Brentford, then these clubs would probably start the bidding at £50m plus.  Imagine if they came in for our Martinez, Konsa or Watkins? Again, we’ll start talking at £50m plus but would push and push for more. It won’t be easy for them to build a successful squad, especially with FFP.

problem is that inflation is not just confined to them and their bubble......it would impact on us ,when we come to buy...and every other club.

It will impact this football  industry like a "Snow Globe" been shaken,every associated industry could be affected....its like an earth quake.

Should the OP be....."lets all laugh with Newcastle( Now)"

PS there is still a good percentage of elite players, coaches, that will still go for the money alone, so Newcastle will make an impact, from that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TRO said:

problem is that inflation is not just confined to them and their bubble......it would impact on us ,when we come to buy...and every other club.

It will impact this football  industry like a "Snow Globe" every associated industry could be affected....its like an earth quake.

Should the OP be....."lets all laugh with Newcastle( Now)"

PS there is still a good percentage of elite players, coaches, that will still go for the money alone, so Newcastle will make an impact, from that.

I agree that they’ll undoubtedly improve and will obtain some high calibre coaches and players but talk of them blowing away Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea is a little premature. It could take them up to 10 years before they are on that level, it may happen sooner or it may not happen at all. As some have said, just look at Malaga and QPR. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I agree that they’ll undoubtedly improve and will obtain some high calibre coaches and players but talk of them blowing away Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea is a little premature. It could take them up to 10 years before they are are on that level, it may happen sooner or it may not happen at all.  

I agree.

I also think there are things attached to football that money can't buy.....like desire, team spirit and a willingness to run through brick walls for the cause.

We had it in 1982....It beat the Technical superiority and Money bags of Bayern.....Application, can't be bought,its not an over night thing  it is cultivated over time, a phenomenon.

Their first job, is get out of the bottome 3.....The sheer Euphoria/momentum of this take over, might help with that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I agree.

I also think there are things attached to football that money can't buy.....like desire, team spirit and a willingness to run through brick walls for the cause.

We had it in 1982....It beat the Technical superiority and Money bags of Bayern.....Application, can't be bought,its not an over night thing  it is cultivated over time, a phenomenon.

Not anymore - it can all be bought.  It's nothing like the 80's now.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Gerrard would be a pretty bad appointment.

Would be their Mark Hughes.

I think the Mark Hughes type of route it what they will have to do, no top manager will want to ce in at this stage age graft, they want it on a plate.

53 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

For the money they've got I'd demand to live somewhere else and get Choppered to and from the training ground every day.

The white feather ripped out the fireplace out of his mock tudor mansion when he lived up there and had it transported back to Italy when he left 

Floodgates have been opened

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/taliban-to-take-over-middlesbrough-fc-20211008212884?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1633684021

THE new rulers of Afghanistan are to buy out Middlesbrough FC for £320 million, the Premier League has confirmed.

The ultraconservative Islamists said that the purchase was made out of a lifelong love for Middlesbrough among the Taliban, who regard legendary players like Alan Foggon and Bernie Slaven as inspirations in their drive to establish an uncompromisingly hardline theocratic regime....:snip:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not anymore - it can all be bought.  It's nothing like the 80's now.

I don't believe that, its not that simple...even in the 80's certain clubs had more money, its just the degree's of it today....Liverpool and Man U hoovered up all the best players.....but they also had managers like Shankly/Paisely and Ferguson who cultivated the culture.....We broke the mould, for a while because we had a manager, who bought well and galvanised a side through the culture and dream he followed....that can't be bought in my mind, its developed over time.

Indirectly yes maybe....but directly No. I accept the money buys the managers who incorporate the doctrine....but it didn't work at United with LVG and Mourinho, it doesn't always.....in complete contrast look how Franks is following on from Dean and instilling the philosophy and application.....money certainly helps to hire the right people, but much of the success of football is intrinsic, belief from within.

Make no mistake about the Money from Mansour and Abramovich it is, crucial......but its the managers like Pep, Klopp, ferguson, Paisley, clough and Saunders who have cultivated and galvanised the mentality of the group.

Even as we speak the huge juggernaut of financial clout of PSG and Man City have still not brought home The games biggest prize.....Money is extremely useful, but my point is.....there are other ingredients that are much harder to buy.

Edited by TRO

57 minutes ago, TRO said:

This Amanda Staveley certainly moves in some circles.....I see she has 10% ownership of Newcastle with the Rueben Bros, having the same ....the second richest in the uk with 16 billion and 50% of their wealth in liquid form...wow...some clout that.

This all makes Man city, look like Norwich....no disrespect to Norwich.

can't wait to follow the story of this proposed journey.

This has just put me off my lunch.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't believe that, its not that simple...even in the 80's certain clubs had more money, its just the degree's of it today....Liverpool and Man U hoovered up all the best players.....but they also had managers like Shankly/Paisely and Ferguson who cultivated the culture.....We broke the mould, for a while because we had a manager, who bought well and galvanised a side through the culture and dream he followed....that can't be bought in my mind, its developed over time.

Indirectly yes maybe....but directly No. I accept the money buys the managers who incorporate the doctrine....but it didn't work at United with LVG and Mourinho, it doesn't always.....in complete contrast look how Franks is following on from Dean and instilling the philosophy and application.....money certainly helps to hire the right people, but much of the success of football is intrinsic, belief from within.

Make no mistake about the Money from Mansour and Abramovich it is, crucial......but its the managers like Pep, Klopp, ferguson, Paisley, clough and Saunders who have cultivated and galvanised the mentality of the group.

Even as we speak the huge juggernaut of financial clout of PSG and Man City have still not brought home The games biggest prize.....Money is extremely useful, but my point is.....there are other ingredients that are much harder to buy.

There are ingredients which are harder to buy (or, can't be bought) but the success will remain with the games top clubs - the ones with the most money.  Make no mistake, Leicester winning the league was a one-off that was never meant to happen.  They don't have the financial power behind them to break that top 4 properly.

I've said before, but domestic success is harder to achieve than winning the Champions League.  It may be the "biggest prize" but it's easier to fluke.  Even with that, it's the money clubs who win it.  It isn't other teams.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There are ingredients which are harder to buy (or, can't be bought) but the success will remain with the games top clubs - the ones with the most money.  Make no mistake, Leicester winning the league was a one-off that was never meant to happen.  They don't have the financial power behind them to break that top 4 properly.

I've said before, but domestic success is harder to achieve than winning the Champions League.  It may be the "biggest prize" but it's easier to fluke.  Even with that, it's the money clubs who win it.  It isn't other teams.

as a quick tot up, I have counted 18 clubs, who have won the European cup, I would not count as money clubs....sure in the main, you are right, the money boys hoover up.

However, Leicester winning the league was no more a one -off than our own Villa or Forest winning it and we both went on to win the European cup...so I would say ours was a more revered feat.....I am not argiung with your general point, money is a most central character in success....I am just saying other things come in to play too, that mainly require hard work and dedication.

On sky, Aston Villa was voted the 10th best english team of all time, due to its perfomances over 3years 1980-81, 1982-83.......That team manager, never had a pot to piss in.....sure the game has changed and moved on, but even then the richest clubs got all the best players, but Ron did a sterling job of negating that to a degree and made his own philosophy make up for his shortfall in financial wherwithal.

My overall point is, you can't just  throw the towel in over other clubs having more money....Man city, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea are now eclipsed by Newcastle.....but it will take a lot of work, toil and patience to shift them from the top.

Edited by TRO

Â