Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I’m sure Howe will find a magic solution for Pope and have him back soon. 

Few puffs on the magic inhaler and he'll be fine. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Sure - but most people had Gordon labelled as being shit.

I saw he was kissing the badge after his latest goal. Wasn't he a boyhood Everton fan? He hasn't even been there 12 months the pillock.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its amazing what performance enhancing drugs do for you 🫡

Then the FA aren’t doing their job if that’s what you believe.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/anti-doping/the-drug-testing-process#:~:text=You will be asked to,testing regularly across the season.

My tuppence on this is that I have yet to see any real *evidence* that Newcastle are doping other than their style of play, which is not nothing but is also pretty thin. On the other hand, the FA *definitely* aren't doing their jobs doing drug testing, and I think there's very good reason to think that. 

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

My tuppence on this is that I have yet to see any real *evidence* that Newcastle are doping other than their style of play, which is not nothing but is also pretty thin. On the other hand, the FA *definitely* aren't doing their jobs doing drug testing, and I think there's very good reason to think that. 

Said before there's also an industry out there that operates between doping and illegal doping

The list only comes out once a year

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Even if Newcastle are doping I would also imagine they arent the only ones. Football is either very lenient or just incredibly lucky when it comes to drug testing 

Its similar to Liverpool somehow signing a large amount of players with asthma

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Random Precision said:

And you believe the FA are doing their job? The bastion of truth and honesty that they are?

This is how tight it is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12029209/Does-Premier-League-drugs-problem.html

"Premier League footballers are almost never tested for the banned performance-enhancing drug testosterone, a Mail on Sunday investigation has found. And top-flight stars can expect to be subject to even the most basic drug test as infrequently as once per season".

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is how tight it is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12029209/Does-Premier-League-drugs-problem.html

"Premier League footballers are almost never tested for the banned performance-enhancing drug testosterone, a Mail on Sunday investigation has found. And top-flight stars can expect to be subject to even the most basic drug test as infrequently as once per season".

Indeed. And if a club wants a player off their books (see pogba) they can just request that they're tested. 

Â