Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Problem is right back is a area england has so many good right backs. I know southgate likes him but for me we should be looking at other younger options like reece james trent etc

Southgate is a man of talents like starting Trippier left back at the Euros and recently TAA centre midfield

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Southgate is a man of talents like starting Trippier left back at the Euros and recently TAA centre midfield

That we can agree on Zatman!

Can't wait for him to be fired from England job. Would have loved it if Smith got the role next. But i could see someone like lampard getting the job.  😒

As we expected Newcastle  gonna blow everyone out the water.

70m on individual players as a non champions league club. Hell we dont even blow 70m on individual players.

In 5-10 years time they will break the top four if they continue like that

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

wtf... hope this one doesn't happen

I hope it does. 70 million on a player who has had 1 decent season (20 goals) and 1 great half season is how you end up smashing FFP and end up with a mid table squad. In fact i'd argue they are better off with Wilson (basically guaranteed 20 premier league goals a season) than Vlahovic (expensive gamble).

Botman, the CB is a signing for 30m worries me more. He's good, fairly priced and what they need.

Edited by pas5898

26 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I hope it does. 70 million on a player who has had 1 decent season (20 goals) and 1 great half season is how you end up smashing FFP and end up with a mid table squad. In fact i'd argue they are better off with Wilson (basically guaranteed 20 premier league goals a season) than Vlahovic (expensive gamble).

Botman, the CB is a signing for 30m worries me more. He's good, fairly priced and what they need.

Vlahovic equalled the Serie A record for the most goals in a calendar year with Ronaldo. He is the 2nd best young striker in world football

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Vlahovic equalled the Serie A record for the most goals in a calendar year with Ronaldo. He is the 2nd best young striker in world football

More games in the 2021 calendar year due to Covid. In reality he scored 20 in 42 games last season, and admittedly had a great half to this season 18 in 20 I think.

A very good return, and he's a fine young player; but he is still a gamble at 70 million. A 70 million player would also command a 200k salary. There is absolutely no guarantee he would be any better as a premier league goalscorer than Calum Wilson, a striker they already own and very capable of 20 goals a season with the right team behind him. 

Only takes 2,3 of those and you end up at FFP buffers. Investing in defenders (Botman, Trippier) is sensible, then probably move to the midfield. Origi will be cheap due to his contract and has proven he can score in the PL.

Due to FFP in the short / medium term Newcastle don't have unlimited funds. If they spaff 70 million of it on a striker they don't really need, rather than a quality defender or midfielder which they desperately need, I for one will be encouraged. 

Â