Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

He's pretty deleuded if he thinks Shelvey can perform the holding role, bloke is a decent passer but can't run or press. Looking at their team today I presume he was the deepest midfielder as Willock is more box to box (and been nowhere near as good as he was on his loan).

Newcastle in short term probably need to stick Hayden back in, go 4-3-3 until they can sign a better DM in January.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Eddie Howe might not be long for this world. If I was him I'd be looking over my shoulder, terrified of finding this monstrosity standing there with some henchmen carrying chainsaws and plastic bags.

Amanda Staveley: Newcastle United can be as big as PSG | Marca

I get you were joking here, but I do wonder if they'll become a bit Watford-like and just sack managers every 3 or  4 months because they havent won enough games

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Reckon they would’ve been better off sticking with Bruce.

Agree with this. Better suited for a relegation battle. It's not like Eddie Howe is going to attract bigger players in January then Bruce would.

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Reckon they would’ve been better off sticking with Bruce.

Not for me, they've cut off their gangrenous foot rather than let it take the leg

They'll go down strangely optimistic and happy about the future, Bruce would maybe keep them up still pissed off and bored... And I think it would be too much for Bruce too

Can you imagine bruces January shopping list??  They now have the challenge of selling the club to youngsters on the promise of playing every week next season and beyond, the likes of chuk for example would be a great signing for them

Their biggest problem is that they needed to fill their DoF role before anything else, and they haven't. Howe is, I'm pretty sure, the only footballing person employed in the hierarchy currently. (I believe similar to when we went down.)

They have no sense of direction and what kind of plan & club they will become. If they do get relegated, what is their plan going to be? Buy the best Championship players like we did our first year? We have seen first-hand what happens if that doesn't work immediately. Do they go the young player route? Again, still waiting on getting a DoF is hurting them more than losing matches imo 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not for me, they've cut off their gangrenous foot rather than let it take the leg

They'll go down strangely optimistic and happy about the future, Bruce would maybe keep them up still pissed off and bored... And I think it would be too much for Bruce too

Can you imagine bruces January shopping list??  They now have the challenge of selling the club to youngsters on the promise of playing every week next season and beyond, the likes of chuk for example would be a great signing for them

But you can't just buy yourself out of the Championship.

We should know that very well.

Not a chance the likes of Maximin and Wilson will stick around if they go down.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But you can't just buy yourself out of the Championship.

We should know that very well.

Not a chance the likes of Maximin and Wilson will stick around if they go down.

They can't buy PL survival either

Especially with the way Bruce or fat Sam would want to do it

What would set them back further - relegation or getting fat Sam in with an open cheque book to go buy some experienced pros? We had this same conversation 2 years ago at villa pre rona when Smith was struggling and for me the answer is never fat Sam or Steve Bruce 

Just now, villa4europe said:

They can't buy PL survival either

Especially with the way Bruce or fat Sam would want to do it

What would set them back further - relegation or getting fat Sam in with an open cheque book to go buy some experienced pros? We had this same conversation 2 years ago at villa pre rona when Smith was struggling and for me the answer is never fat Sam or Steve Bruce 

Eddie Howe for sure isn't the solution though.

His teams are conceding way too many goals.

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It was just too soon, IMO. If they're going to go down and rebuild instead of ivnest in January to put up a fight, it'll be 6 months of being whipping boys under Howe. It's hard to regain the feel-good feeling after that

Â