Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Wonder if they'll end up with shed loads of loans for players that are expensive flops teams  are looking to get their wages out the way for a bit.

Then they'd splurge in the summer.

Is a limit on loans. Loans just as bad as mercenary option

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is a limit on loans. Loans just as bad as mercenary option

Interesting. I knew there was a limit on Prem loans but not from abroad. 

Well that make it even more difficult for them. Lovely stuff.

Aaron Ramsey seem like and obvious one as Juve are desperate to get rid. Tarkowski on an expiring contract but would Burnley sell to a relegation rival?

Oxlade-Chamberlain seem like the ultimate Eddie Howe signing but doubt he makes the calls about these things.

I imagine they'll be desperate for a RB considering their current options are Kraft and Manquillo. Maybe they can get Calum Chambers on the cheap :D 

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Great players for £20,000,000? Don't think so.

Four great players for £20,000,000 each? No chance.

That sort of money buys potential now, not even close to greatness.

As in relatively ‘great’.  Players who can move them up from 20th to 17th over 5 months.

Most of our squad was under £20m per player.

40 minutes ago, ender4 said:

As in relatively ‘great’.  Players who can move them up from 20th to 17th over 5 months.

Most of our squad was under £20m per player.

we paid about 29 million in the Championship for Hogan and McCormack

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Exactly this.  I would even suggest 4 or 6 points needed but certainly anything less and they’re in deep trouble. 

If they beat Norwich and lose to Burnley then other results permitting they'll not be in a too disastrous situation. Lose that Norwich game though and it's basically meltdown.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

At the moment he's going from barca to semi retirement... 

Theyve got a 16, 17 and 2 x 19 year olds starting ahead of him under xavi, if you take it as a midfield and front 6 then so far Xavi has started 10 players not called coutinho 

There’s a huge, huge group of better options between Barcelona and Newcastle.

Spoiler

Like Villa :D 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Aaron Ramsey seem like and obvious one as Juve are desperate to get rid. Tarkowski on an expiring contract but would Burnley sell to a relegation rival?

Oxlade-Chamberlain seem like the ultimate Eddie Howe signing but doubt he makes the calls about these things.

I imagine they'll be desperate for a RB considering their current options are Kraft and Manquillo. Maybe they can get Calum Chambers on the cheap :D 

Someone should tell Howe that Manquillo played for Liverpool.

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

At the moment he's going from barca to semi retirement... 

Theyve got a 16, 17 and 2 x 19 year olds starting ahead of him under xavi, if you take it as a midfield and front 6 then so far Xavi has started 10 players not called coutinho 

Didn't he score on the weekend 

On 28/11/2021 at 21:22, bobzy said:

Newcastle is a top city tbh with some of the greatest countryside in England on the doorstep.  Manchester is just a small northern Milltown.

Fixed that for you. 

If they are as proficient in signing players in January as they were signing a manager, then they are fooked. I heard Miguel Delaney speaking on a podcast shortly after Bruce was sacked and he was talking about their approach to the recruitment. They approached a manager (apparently a pretty famous one, he didn't mention a name) and said manager was apparently baffled by how they conducted themselves during the approach and had never seen anything like it. I think these owners are in for a surprise how things work in football.

Edited by sparrow1988

8 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

If they are as proficient in signing players in January as they were signing a manager, then they are fooked. I heard Miguel Delaney speaking on a podcast shortly after Bruce was sacked and he was talking about their approach to the recruitment. They approached a manager (apparently a pretty famous one, he didn't mention a name) and said manager was apparently baffled by how they conducted themselves during the approach and had never seen anything like it. I think these owners are in for a surprise how things work in football.

At the time the Manager was Unai Emry, apparently he was shocked in their lack of vision and strategy.

Â